Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win Margarito vs Cotto II?
Antonio Margarito 6 42.86%
Miguel Cotto 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 03:09 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,394,513 times

Advertisements

Who will win the rematch between Antonio Margarito and Miguel Cotto scheduled for December 3, 2011?

After you vote, please state why you believe your choice boxer will with the fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 PM

Given that we now know how and why "plasterman" margarito was able to dismember his pre-Mosley opponents, I have no doubt that Miguel Cotto will vindicate his first loss. The Tijuana "plaster" tornado has been exposed.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:16 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
I think (and I hope) Cotto wins this one in a close fight. This should be a very entertaining fight.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:44 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,695,826 times
I say Margarito. Reason-seems Cottos chin is shot! He at a young age seems washed up. I hope i'm way wrong though, love his style and heart.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:20 AM

121 posts, read 240,546 times
Cotto will win with smart boxing and movement...just like he was schooling Rito for the 1st 6 rounds of their fight.....

I've been a huge fan of his since the Ricardo Torres fight and have seen every fight since then...and i can tell you this..that night was the best i have ever seen him..until the 7th round when all of ritos punches started to bust open his face,his mouth,his nose,his ears,his eyes...i dont know for sure but i believe Rito was loaded that night and it took a few rounds for the gloves to soften...before the 7th..Cotto was boxing circles around him..landing 3-4 punch combos and ducking the counters...beautiful boxing..

He's going to do it again..and this time Rito wont have his help..

Cotto in a late TKO. He wants revenge..he wants blood..

Now with that being said...i havent seen Cotto the same ever since..hes lost his explosiveness and aggression....i havent seen the old Cotto since that night..we saw glimpses vs Pacquiao but thats it..i hope we havent seen the best of Miguel Cotto.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:35 AM

When I started this thread Emanuel Steward was Cotto's trainer. I just read yesterday that Cotto got rid of Steward and has hired a Cuban trainer by the name of Luis Diaz Benitez. Never heard of this trainer. Anyone here ever heard of him? Has he produced any world champs?

Not to sound biased but, Cuban trainers and Cuban boxers are great at the 3 round Olympic Amateur level. Get them out of that environment and they don't seem to do so good.

Ugh shiet!

Old 10-08-2011, 01:36 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Cotto wins this one

I don't believe Margarito is a good fighter. He's mediocre at best. This is why he cheated. Cotto is by far the better boxer. He's faster, more agile, and has good power in his shots. He's not a one-punch knockout artist, but he wears a fighter down.

I think Cotto will hit Margarito repeatedly, beat him to the punch often, and cause the fight to be stopped. Margarito can take a great deal of punishment, but he hasn't the speed or the talent to beat Cotto. He knew that in their first fight, which is why he cheated.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:45 AM

519 posts, read 603,918 times
100% agreed, A_Lexus. I wouldn't surprised to see Margacheato get dropped from a wicked body shot.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
100% agreed, A_Lexus. I wouldn't surprised to see Margacheato get dropped from a wicked body shot.
I hope you guys are right. But, I now have my doubts given he changed trainers. I haven't bothered to look up info on this Benitez guy. Again, how many professional world champions has he produced?

Old 10-08-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHustla View Post
Cotto will win with smart boxing and movement...just like he was schooling Rito for the 1st 6 rounds of their fight.....

I've been a huge fan of his since the Ricardo Torres fight and have seen every fight since then...and i can tell you this..that night was the best i have ever seen him..until the 7th round when all of ritos punches started to bust open his face,his mouth,his nose,his ears,his eyes...i dont know for sure but i believe Rito was loaded that night and it took a few rounds for the gloves to soften...before the 7th..Cotto was boxing circles around him..landing 3-4 punch combos and ducking the counters...beautiful boxing..

He's going to do it again..and this time Rito wont have his help..

Cotto in a late TKO. He wants revenge..he wants blood..

Now with that being said...i havent seen Cotto the same ever since..hes lost his explosiveness and aggression....i havent seen the old Cotto since that night..we saw glimpses vs Pacquiao but thats it..i hope we havent seen the best of Miguel Cotto.
I agree. I too was enjoying and very happy with Cotto's boxing that night up until about the 7th or 8th round. That's probably when the "plaster of margarito" solidified enough to give him the edge.

Cotto's corner should have margarito's gloves x-rayed and dog-sniffed before the next fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing