U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 01:47 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,126,376 times

Advertisements

On paper this should be a really good fight. Ward is the better boxer and of course alot faster. Ward has the ability to fight many styles. Tonight that will be his downfall. Froch is not an impressive boxer but his strength is his ability to fight his style and at the same time he is pretty strong. Matter of fact, I don't remember a fighter that had the ability to force him to do otherwise. Given his stubbornness and mental strength to stay within his style, I predict a decision win by Froch. Predictions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 09:28 PM

Boy, did i get that wrong. Ward beat him at his own game. Speed kills!

Old 12-17-2011, 10:50 PM

14,323 posts, read 20,955,564 times
I didn't realize this fight was this week.

34 yr old Froch lost to Kessler and Ward beat Kessler. I know styles make fights, but the result here doesn't surprise me.

Good win for Ward!

Old 12-18-2011, 07:11 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,745,967 times
Ward has some skill, no question

Old 12-18-2011, 11:10 AM

8,024 posts, read 11,021,401 times
Yeah Ward looks like a great boxer, Froch is no mug and Ward bossed him.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:50 PM

519 posts, read 549,190 times
The fight went more or less like I expected. Ward's skill and speed made Froch look bad, like a rank amateur at times. Froch was frustrated most of the fight culminating with the blatant cheap shot well after the bell rang to end one of the rounds. Ward used effective movement and countering, but also was the aggressor in a fair number of exchanges which I think had to surprise Froch a bit. Though it's inconsequential, judges Metcalfe and Stewart who both inexplicably had the fight 115-113 Ward should have their eyes examined. Judge John Keane who had it 118-110 Ward was much closer to reality, probably spot on actually as there's no way Froch won more than two rounds imo. At least Carl was extremely classy after the fight making no excuses for Ward decimating him. As a side benefit, Ward was so dominant that I barely ever heard the lovely Rachel Cordingly screaming at top of her lungs cheering Froch on. She's definitely a frontrunner .

Old 12-18-2011, 04:14 PM

9,413 posts, read 19,322,723 times
I didn't see the fight, but good win for Ward none the less. Ward is a solid all around boxer with a great jab, decent hand speed, good defense but not much power. Not the most entertaining fighter, but effective. Bute is likely his next opponent, which I think would be a good fight. Outside of Bute, there really isn't that much going on at 168, unless Dirrell can work his way up the rankings and get a shot. At Lt. Heavy you've got Cloud, Dawson, and Hopkins. I think he can beat Hopkins and Dawson, not sure about Cloud, haven't seen enough from him.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:35 PM

519 posts, read 549,190 times
Hopkins was there at the fight. The commentators were mentioning the possibility of him coming down to 168. Though I'd guess that a rematch with Dawson may (or may not) be his first priority.

Sent from my Clean Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Old 12-19-2011, 03:58 AM

Really? Dawson/Hopkins fight would be one sided and Hopkins knows that. The Hopkins scheme has grown old with me (holding, headbutting, etc). He needs to retire. If he doesn't then someone needs to give him a good whooping to force him to retire. I don't know if Ward can deal with Hopkins style of fighting but his last "fast hands" opponent beat him twice.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:09 PM

9,413 posts, read 19,322,723 times
I think Ward easily beats Hopkins at 168, and Hopkins knows that. That's why he was interested in a fight with Bute, however, Bute reminds me of Calzaghe, so I'm not sure he'd have an easier time with Bute either. I agree though, I hope someone knocks Bernards ass out and retires him for good. He's always be a dirty fighter and knows how to get away with "crafty" tactics out of the refs view. That and his Academy Award acting skits he performs when trying to draw a foul and it's just pathetic. I refused to watch any more of his fights and I can't wait until he retires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing