Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 11:06 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times

Advertisements

I didn't watch the fight due to a prior commitment. So, to those of you who did watch it I ask the following question:

As a result of this fight, which of the following is most accurate:

A) Mayweather's stock went up (↑)/Cotto's went down (↓)

B) Mayweather's stock remains neutral (↔)/Cotto's remains neutral (↔)

C) Mayweather's stock went down (↓)/Cotto's went up (↑)

D) Mayweather's stock went up (↑)/ Cotto's remains neutral (↔)

E) Mayweather's stock remains neutral (↔)/Cotto's went up (↑)

F) Mayweather's stock went down (↓)/Cotto's remains neutral (↔)

G) Other
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 11:22 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I didn't watch the fight due to a prior commitment. So, to those of you who did watch it I ask the following question:

As a result of this fight, which of the following is most accurate:

A) Mayweather's stock went up (↑)/Cotto's went down (↓)

B) Mayweather's stock remains neutral (↔)/Cotto's remains neutral (↔)

C) Mayweather's stock went down (↓)/Cotto's went up (↑)

D) Mayweather's stock went up (↑)/ Cotto's remains neutral (↔)

E) Mayweather's stock remains neutral (↔)/Cotto's went up (↑)

F) Mayweather's stock went down (↓)/Cotto's remains neutral (↔)

G) Other
IMO, BOTH saw their stock go up. Mayweather took on possibly his toughest opponent in Cotto. He came in at a lighter weight than Cotto and met Cotto at a weight that Cotto was most comfortable with. They used the 10 oz gloves that Cotto wanted. Mayweather trades shots with Cotto, and seemed to play with Cotto as he sometimes allowed Cotto to keep him in the corner and on the ropes where Cotto wanted him to be. He took some good shots from Cotto, and I believe could've finished Cotto in the 12th round. Floyd showed compassion, along with his usual mastery of the sport.

Cotto made a respectable showing, better than expected. He hit Mayweather more often than any other Mayweather opponent and showed that Mayweather is showing his age a bit. Cotto gave Mayweather his biggest test since Castillo. Cotto's stock went up as well.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
IMO, BOTH saw their stock go up. Mayweather took on possibly his toughest opponent in Cotto. He came in at a lighter weight than Cotto and met Cotto at a weight that Cotto was most comfortable with. They used the 10 oz gloves that Cotto wanted. Mayweather trades shots with Cotto, and seemed to play with Cotto as he sometimes allowed Cotto to keep him in the corner and on the ropes where Cotto wanted him to be. He took some good shots from Cotto, and I believe could've finished Cotto in the 12th round. Floyd showed compassion, along with his usual mastery of the sport.

Cotto made a respectable showing, better than expected. He hit Mayweather more often than any other Mayweather opponent and showed that Mayweather is showing his age a bit. Cotto gave Mayweather his biggest test since Castillo. Cotto's stock went up as well.
So, bro. . .where do you have it between A) thru G)?

Old 05-06-2012, 09:54 PM

155 posts, read 252,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
So, bro. . .where do you have it between A) thru G)?
Sounds pretty obvious that he, just like me, have it at G which is BOTH their stocks went up. Oddly, this is the only one you didnt have on your poll.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient View Post
Sounds pretty obvious that he, just like me, have it at G which is BOTH their stocks went up. Oddly, this is the only one you didnt have on your poll.
You're right. He did make his choice very clear and I did fail to include both of their stocks having gone up. My bad.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:20 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,939 times
All the hopla over a bloody nose. Chop Chop Corely bloodied Floyd's nose. See the fight on YouTube. Floyd fought Corely in a similar fashion - toe to toe.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:48 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
All the hopla over a bloody nose. Chop Chop Corely bloodied Floyd's nose. See the fight on YouTube. Floyd fought Corely in a similar fashion - toe to toe.
Of course people will get shocked that Floyd had some drops of blood come out his nose, that's just how good he is. Still, he came out of the fight just fine as usual.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:21 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Of course people will get shocked that Floyd had some drops of blood come out his nose, that's just how good he is. Still, he came out of the fight just fine as usual.
Only other person Ive seen who gave Floyd problems (albiet for a couple rounds only) was Zab Judah and his 52 Blocks Brooklyn fighting style.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:51 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Only other person Ive seen who gave Floyd problems (albiet for a couple rounds only) was Zab Judah and his 52 Blocks Brooklyn fighting style.
I agree. He gave Floyd a challenge in the beginning rounds and then Floyd made it his fight and was connecting from all angles. There was knock down that I am not sure if it was a slip but the ref called it a slip. I'll have to see that again.

Jose Luis Castillo and Oscar de la Hoya also gave a challenge in my opinion.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,939 times
I just watched the Mayweather - Cotto fight again on HBO. Cotto won 3 rounds. Mayweather could have stopped Cotto in the 12th - or at least knocked him down - but decided to be cautious. I do not see a drug free Manny beating Mayweather. I do not see a drug free Manny winning more than 2 rounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing