Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,656 times

Advertisements

Floyd would lose to Pacquaio.

People think that because Pacquaio was neutralized by Marquez, that Mayweather would do the same thing because Mayweather is supposedly a larger version of Marquez.

This is not true. They have two different styles.

Marquez uses constant lateral movement, pivots, and punching while moving.

Mayweather retreats in straight lines, and doesn't pivot. His weight is mostly anchored on his back foot, which means a fleet footed fighter like Pacquaio or Martinez could catch him out of position.

Additionally, pull counters aren't effective against southpaws like they are against orthadox fighters. Pacquaio would double jab Mayweather back against the ropes, and land straight left hands, or at least push him back where he can unleash an offensive attack.

Mayweather prefers to walk down southpaws, but this is very dangerous against Pacquaio because Pacquaio is an excellent counterpuncher, and he has power in both hands.

Obviously, Mayweather's reach, speed, size, and reflexes will present problems, but at the same time his reach could be a detriment because it will allow Pacquaio more time to get underneath his punches and throw before Mayweather can get his hand back in time to defend.

Mayweather is not stupid. He isn't taking this fight for a reason. He can make plenty of money with a less risky opponent.

Anyway, that's my opinion, but I'm interested in what others got to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 01:41 PM

756 posts, read 713,861 times

Pretty Boy ... easy...

Old 12-04-2012, 05:45 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,097,843 times
Yeah......I like Mayweather in a close decision......but I can't see it ever happening.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:21 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,306,462 times
Regardless, the result would not be valid. I have said countless times on this Boxing forum that Mayweather's plan is to wait out Pacman. Mayweather knew years ago that Pacman would destroy him, which is why he chose this route, stall tactic. Don't be surprised if Pacman loses this weekend, because i have seen his skills diminish, then suddenly watch for Mayweather to beckon for a fight. Mayweather is chicken sh1t.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:45 PM

326 posts, read 529,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Regardless, the result would not be valid. I have said countless times on this Boxing forum that Mayweather's plan is to wait out Pacman. Mayweather knew years ago that Pacman would destroy him, which is why he chose this route, stall tactic. Don't be surprised if Pacman loses this weekend, because i have seen his skills diminish, then suddenly watch for Mayweather to beckon for a fight. Mayweather is chicken sh1t.
Dude did you see Pacman at the weigh in? He looked in the best shape of his life.

My only criticism of Pacquiao is he has not been ending his fights well lately. He easily could have destroyed Bradley but instead he toyed with him and it got sent to the judges for one of the worst decisions of all time.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:17 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,841,928 times
It will happen, Pacmans agreed to his demands. It will be his next fight I feel, Pacman by 1 or 2 rounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing