U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:50 PM

325 posts, read 1,023,007 times

Advertisements

I heard that Evander Holyfield is fighting someone this weekend in Russia on pay per view. Even better than that I heard it is for some heavyweight championship. I cant believe this senior is still trying to fight people. I would not pay to see this. In fact I wouldn't watch it for free. Is anyone paying for this fight?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 01:52 PM

6,760 posts, read 11,000,441 times
I saw an ad a couple of weeks ago, but don't remember the details. But yes, he's fighting. I think pretty much all championships are on pay per view these days. I don't think Holyfield is too old to be entertaining, but I wouldn't pay to watch it either. George Foreman boxed well into his 40's.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:36 PM

14,323 posts, read 20,838,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
I heard that Evander Holyfield is fighting someone this weekend in Russia on pay per view. Even better than that I heard it is for some heavyweight championship. I cant believe this senior is still trying to fight people. I would not pay to see this. In fact I wouldn't watch it for free. Is anyone paying for this fight?
I thought Holyfield was washed up a long time ago, as shown by the whipping that he took at the hands of condition-challenged James Toney. He was never an exciting fighter with all the holding, so as usual, I won't watch this fight.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:12 PM

7,600 posts, read 17,332,854 times
http://www.evanderholyfield.com/images/stories/ibragimov_vs_holyfield.jpg (broken link)

Evander Holyfield

TBH I think he is laughable at best at this stage.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
http://www.evanderholyfield.com/images/stories/ibragimov_vs_holyfield.jpg (broken link)

Evander Holyfield

TBH I think he is laughable at best at this stage.
Absolutely insane. Evander cant even get a pay per view championship fight in the states. Who has ever heard of such a thing. I hope he wins in all honesty so the man can simply retire. All he wants to do is retire Heavyweight Champion. Let him do it for petes sake and put us all out of our misery.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:41 PM

2,036 posts, read 6,279,452 times
Default Evander

Yes George Foreman did fight into his late 40's and to this day holds the record of the oldest Heavy weight champ of all time, but George Foreman did take a very long break from boxing,10 years off actually he retired in 1977 and did not return until 1987. Also Foreman didnt take the beatings that Holyfield has, different styles also. Foreman is a big heavyweight while Evander is a smaller, more of a come at you type guy, So Evanders style caused him to take much more physical abuse then did Big George! I could see Evander winning another title, but he said his goal is to win back all the titles, he could mean 3 or 4 of them, that wont happen. He should have retired long ago and hopefully he walks away ok after the fight this weekend. Talking about Evander and Foreman, does anybody remember when those two fought, that was a very good fight, even in that fight Foreman landed some bombs, yet Evander did land a heavy amount also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I saw an ad a couple of weeks ago, but don't remember the details. But yes, he's fighting. I think pretty much all championships are on pay per view these days. I don't think Holyfield is too old to be entertaining, but I wouldn't pay to watch it either. George Foreman boxed well into his 40's.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:04 AM

So what was the result of this fight? Never even heard anything about it. So sad. I guess I could look it up online somewhere. LOL

Old 10-15-2007, 10:24 AM

5,766 posts, read 10,931,843 times
The result is that Holyfield was too old and slow, and lost decisively, though he wasn't knocked out.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:27 AM

2,036 posts, read 6,279,452 times
Default another loss

Yep another expected loss on Holyfields record and he says " why quit " he claims he going to keep fighting until he wins that title. What a joke! Some of these guys never know when its enough. A decision loss is exactly what i expected.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:20 AM

1,640 posts, read 4,439,414 times
Holyfied's career and the sport of heavyweight boxing end on the same night...good riddence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing