Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 10:23 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,724 times

Advertisements

I've been watching Judah's career for years. The guy is known as a 4 round fighter. He fades in every single fight in the late rounds.

This is the same guy that got demolished by "no chin" to save his life, Amir Khan.

Now all of a sudden this guy is going 12 strong rounds with brutal body punchers like Mathyese and last night, Danny Garcia?

Something is not right.

Garcia destroyed Judah's body early, in the middle rounds, and late. Not only that, but he landed some serious shots to Judah's head, but instead of folding, Judah got stronger in the late rounds, despite maintaining a dedicated work rate early, and missing the vast majority of his punches.

I don't believe it. No way a 35 year old Zab all of a sudden became a late round monster, especially when his opponent was digging serious shots into his body and basically, giving him an all around beating.

They have got to mandate more PED testing in boxing. It's not fair when a guy has an obvious artificial advantage.

A true 38 year old man looks like Martinez who clearly showed his age last night. Marquez, a guy who took a number of beatings in his career, more than Martinez, is somehow becoming better at 40 when everyone else is slowing down.

The same thing happened last night with Judah.

Peterson is a guy in the same boat. How is Peterson still in the sport? How many times do you have to get caught using steriods before they ban you from the sport?

I believe Peterson started using when Bradley beat him pillar to post.

Speaking of Bradley, I feel sorry for him. I hope he asks for VADA testing. Marquez is going to come out juiced to the eyeballs and he may do serious, career ending damage to Bradley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 07:23 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
I never liked Judah and the loudmouth way he presents himself. Sick to death of that Brooklyn "better than everyone else" bravado. But until he gets tested and they discover PEDs, I'm not going to assume that he used them because he put on an uncharacteristic performance against Garcia by lasting the distance. Could be that he, recognizing that his days are numbered, was more motivated than at any previous time in his career. He's been humbled in the ring over the years. He has kids now. He has matured. Frankly, it was the first time that I was hoping that he'd win. I've never been impressed with Garcia.

Marquez was not on PEDs. He was most familiar with Pacman than any fighter, and made the adjustment. He's a smart fighter, but not even PEDs can overcome Father Time and an unfamiliar opponent who brings more to the table that he was prepared to face.

I don't know much about Bradley and Peterson.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:51 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
We also don't know how Zab trains now compared to how he's trained in the past. And I don't think we can say Marquez is markedly better (or better at all) as a 40-year old version of himself. His stamina didn't seem so great when Pac was beating him in the early rounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing