Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 03:45 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times

Advertisements

This fight comes this Saturday between these two. I have never impressed with Scott. He is a pathetic heavyweight and I'm surprised he's still around. He looks a bit like Tracy McGrady and fights like he'd be better at basketball. He bores the hell out of me and he's been brought along slower than any fighter I've EVER seen. This guy's professional debut was on the undercard of the Lewis-Tua fight. Why hasn't he stepped up? I think Chisora has more fire power, and should blast this pretender out. Not sure what Chisora has, but I'd love to see Scott be blown away and exposed. He's representative of the current crop of pathetic American heavyweights that this country has been suffering through for too long now.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 07:27 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,147 times
This is a make or break type of fight for Scott. If he can manage to get past Chisora, it will be a huge step up for his career, and really highlight his potential.

Unfortunately, I think Chisora is a bad stylistic match up for Scott. Chisora has the best aggressive defense in boxing, and if he comes in shape, he'll be able to utilize a come foward assault all night on Scott.

In my opinion, Scott simply does not have the fire power to deal with a guy like Chisora, nor does he have the mobility to outbox him.

He tends to be stationary at times when he should be moving. Additionally, I don't think his size will play a signficant factor because Chisora, who is a big guy himself, has fought larger men, and was not detered by their size and strength.

Chisora gave Vitali his hardest fight in years. And Vitali could rely on size, and experience that Scott does not have. Vitali also used a strategy that involved a signficant amount of movement. Vitali kept the fight in the center of the ring, and was non-stop with his footwork, constantly giving Chisora angles.

Some will say that Chisora lost to Fury, but Chisora was in the worst shape of his career, coming in signficantly overweight, and Fury who is not as fast as Scott, has size and strength on his side.

Scott is decent, but he hasn't fought anyone yet. He also tends to stand too straight up, which I think will lead him to eventually get tagged by Chisora's overhand right. Chisora has been working on his left hook as well, and I can see his left hook ending being a signficant factor.

I think Scott can win, but he has to be mobile, and he needs a decent chin. Remember, Haye, who is only 10 lbs lighter than Scott, but a much harder puncher, was forced to fight in the pocket against Chisora. His movement alone was not enough to deter Chisora. I don't think Scott has the same ability to fight in the pocket that Haye does, and his movement is not on the same level as Haye either.

I think if Chisora comes in shape, he stops Scott late.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
This is a make or break type of fight for Scott. If he can manage to get past Chisora, it will be a huge step up for his career, and really highlight his potential.

Unfortunately, I think Chisora is a bad stylistic match up for Scott. Chisora has the best aggressive defense in boxing, and if he comes in shape, he'll be able to utilize a come foward assault all night on Scott.

In my opinion, Scott simply does not have the fire power to deal with a guy like Chisora, nor does he have the mobility to outbox him.

He tends to be stationary at times when he should be moving. Additionally, I don't think his size will play a signficant factor because Chisora, who is a big guy himself, has fought larger men, and was not detered by their size and strength.

Chisora gave Vitali his hardest fight in years. And Vitali could rely on size, and experience that Scott does not have. Vitali also used a strategy that involved a signficant amount of movement. Vitali kept the fight in the center of the ring, and was non-stop with his footwork, constantly giving Chisora angles.

Some will say that Chisora lost to Fury, but Chisora was in the worst shape of his career, coming in signficantly overweight, and Fury who is not as fast as Scott, has size and strength on his side.

Scott is decent, but he hasn't fought anyone yet. He also tends to stand too straight up, which I think will lead him to eventually get tagged by Chisora's overhand right. Chisora has been working on his left hook as well, and I can see his left hook ending being a signficant factor.

I think Scott can win, but he has to be mobile, and he needs a decent chin. Remember, Haye, who is only 10 lbs lighter than Scott, but a much harder puncher, was forced to fight in the pocket against Chisora. His movement alone was not enough to deter Chisora. I don't think Scott has the same ability to fight in the pocket that Haye does, and his movement is not on the same level as Haye either.

I think if Chisora comes in shape, he stops Scott late.
Great comments. I honestly haven't seen much from either one of these fighters. Scott looks like a very weak fighter. His upper body, particularly around the shoulder/neck area looks underdeveloped, as if he diets to keep his weight down, rather than trains. Something's not right about him. What I did see of him fighting wasn't impressive. He hasn't fought anyone, just brought along very carefully. Too carefully.

I agree that if Chisora comes in shape, he can win this fight, and I hope he does.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:31 PM

Default Chisora wins KO in 6

Scott finally exposed as yet another American heavyweight pretender. Chisora wins in 6.

Boxing News | Chisora KOs Scott in round six; Scott claims he beat the count

Old 07-21-2013, 05:01 AM

Default Scott beat the count

Looking at that knockdown and the count, it appeared as though Scott was up at 9. Scott was knocked down, and when the referee picked up the count at 5, he counted 6, 7, 8, and at 9, Scott rose. With Scott fully standing before the ref could say "10", he waived it off. Maybe he saw that Scott just didn't want to continue. Scott was looking around, as if he had no fight in him. What a wimp. He was in over his head despite the BS postering he did. The ultimate perpetrator exposed.

Scott is just a pathetic heavyweight, bald head, tattoos, and all. He tried to look the part, talk the talk. Padded record. He's just an embarrassment, especially as a black fighter. I sure miss the days when real MEN graced the heavyweight division from this country: Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Patterson, Liston, Holmes, Norton, Shavers, Tyson.

Scott is a caliber of man that shames the sport. Hopefully, he disappears now.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:43 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,709 times
Scott is good boxer but minimal power. This is a bad mix for HW division. I actually think Scott was winning the fight but he was continually backing up ALL NIGHT...dude your powerless, drop some weight for LHW division. The referee did jack up the count, but why wait until 9 to get up...that's waiting too long especially considering that he was the opponents territory.

And watch Chisora. He throws punches with an elbows. Throughout the fight, when he throws punches, he turns/twists his arm inward to catch the opponent with an elbow. That's jacked up!

Old 07-21-2013, 05:06 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,147 times
Derek "Del Boy" Chisora comes through again. You know who I was gonna pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing