U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should Broner do now?
Move down to 140 and face Matthyse 5 55.56%
Stay at 147 and face Guerrero 1 11.11%
Move up to 154 and face Canelo 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 06:21 PM

592 posts, read 717,139 times

Advertisements

Here's a poll: What should Broner do next?

A. Move down to 140 and face Mattysse
B. Stay at 147 and face Guerrero
C. Move up to 154 and face Canelo
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 07:51 PM

1,267 posts, read 2,701,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Here's a poll: What should Broner do next?

A. Move down to 140 and face Mattysse
B. Stay at 147 and face Guerrero
C. Move up to 154 and face Canelo
If i was Canelo, i would totally fight Broner. They are both looking for a PPV fight and it would attract big numbers. Canelo would get more spotlight than fighting Angulo or Carlos Molina. Canelo would be too big for Broner. Going by his maturity, i think Broner would agree to this fight if he believes Floyd can give him a tip or two because of the way he made Canelo look. Again, Broner thinks his Floyd 2.0.

If i was Broner, i would either go for 147 Guerrero or 140 Mattysee. If Broner loses to Guerrero. He will not be Floyd 2.0, he will be Berto 2.0 and a annoying version.

The safest of all three choices is Mattysse. It will get Argentina excited againg. Mattysse has a come forward style that Broner can counter from, that is his specialty right? If he fails to adapt then thats on him. If he loses he will forever be, not "About Billions", but "Argentina's B****"

Then again, Broner is a guy you just want to punch in the face. So i would recommend him Canelo.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:24 PM

14,323 posts, read 20,507,617 times
Default Learn his craft or disappear

I think Broner needs to find a weight he feels most comfortable, shut his month, and better learn his craft. He should avoid the name guys for the next two fights, maybe find some tough contenders, fighters who can really help him hone his skills. Then, start moving up again with wins.

I frankly would love to see him KTFO, then disappear, never to be seen again. He is an embarrassment to his race, himself, the sport, and mankind.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:34 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,220,007 times
Drop to 140 for a minute, his power is non-existent at welterweight.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:29 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,064,311 times
I vote for him fighting light heavyweight division, LOL. The dark side of me actually loved watching the azz whooping.

As a Boxing fan, i dont want to see him fight again, until he is humble and acting professional. Boxing is the toughest sport and has no place for his antics. When a Boxer enters the ring that individual deserves immediate respect because they are putting their life on the line.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:53 PM

9,411 posts, read 18,906,861 times
Broner is now backed into a corner; if he takes a fight with an inferior opponent no one will be interested since he has already been exposed, if he drops to 140 he likely has trouble making weight in a very talent rich environment, at 154 he would not be competitive. Whoever his next few opponents are they will likely be someone on the downside of their career or with very little punching power.

His options are limited and I see him going the way of Jason Litzau who came on flashy and arrogant, had a few wins over some ranked opposition, then got KOd and eventually faded into obscurity. Ironically it was Guerrero and Broner who shut him down.

Boxing doesn't need anymore classless jackasses, we already have enough of those in each sport.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 PM

69 posts, read 108,125 times
I think he needs to fight someone also coming off of losses like Maybe Andre Berto "redemption match" (fitting since he is the new Berto 2.0)

Then again I would love to see him get in there with Victor Ortiz and get demolished,I guess what I'm saying is anyone with any kind of talent can beat this hype job(as Maidana proved) and I'll be happy to watch.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:59 PM

1,267 posts, read 2,701,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.2Orlando2Dallas View Post
I think he needs to fight someone also coming off of losses like Maybe Andre Berto "redemption match" (fitting since he is the new Berto 2.0)

Then again I would love to see him get in there with Victor Ortiz and get demolished,I guess what I'm saying is anyone with any kind of talent can beat this hype job(as Maidana proved) and I'll be happy to watch.
I think Victor Ortiz can beat Adrie Berto. He is also very agressive like Maidana and arguable has better boxing skills than him. It would make a good PPV, redemption match. It would also be an interesting All Acess show. Good smack talk. The Thing is Ortiz said is is fighting in the 147-154 lbs classes. So it make take a few years for Broner to move up.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:51 PM

592 posts, read 717,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
I think Victor Ortiz can beat Adrie Berto. He is also very agressive like Maidana and arguable has better boxing skills than him. It would make a good PPV, redemption match. It would also be an interesting All Acess show. Good smack talk. The Thing is Ortiz said is is fighting in the 147-154 lbs classes. So it make take a few years for Broner to move up.

Victor Ortiz already beat Berto

Old 01-08-2014, 08:22 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,038,639 times
For him? Move down and get a win.

But what I'd like to see? Probably Guerrero or Ortiz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing