Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 10:35 PM

519 posts, read 603,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
My hatred of Floyd and bias of Manny is true to form.
FTFY as usual.

Once again, don't try to project your shortcomings onto me. I've stated numerous times on this forum and others that I don't hate Manny, don't even dislike like the guy, quite the opposite. You can't dig up anything to prove otherwise so you're barking up the wrong tree. Now what I don't care for is your constant hypocrisy and I do enjoy throwing it back in your face.

It's telling that you go off on your little rant while ducking the issue which is Marcos Maidana. How is it that Marcos Maidana be a competitive fighter if he were to fight Pacquiao, but be just a "slow, plodding brawler" now that he's going to be fighting Mayweather?

#hypocrite
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 11:09 PM

182 posts, read 195,182 times
Mayweather still fights? Pretty sure he retired 3 something years ago

Old 03-02-2014, 02:05 AM

n/a posts
The best doesn't skirt the best competition over and over until they're too old for the fight to count.

Floyd will never be the best. He lost his chance ages ago.

Just retire Floyd.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:29 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
FTFY as usual.

Once again, don't try to project your shortcomings onto me. I've stated numerous times on this forum and others that I don't hate Manny, don't even dislike like the guy, quite the opposite. You can't dig up anything to prove otherwise so you're barking up the wrong tree. Now what I don't care for is your constant hypocrisy and I do enjoy throwing it back in your face.

It's telling that you go off on your little rant while ducking the issue which is Marcos Maidana. How is it that Marcos Maidana be a competitive fighter if he were to fight Pacquiao, but be just a "slow, plodding brawler" now that he's going to be fighting Mayweather?

#hypocrite
Where did I say Maidana would be a formidable opponent for Manny but not Floyd? What is unusual is that I am the only one you target in your defense of Floyd. Others comments go unnoticed by you. So are you saying that Maidana is actually a legit threat to Floyd? Floyd just claimed that Maidana looked better in his last four fights than Khan has, but failed to use that method of handpicking when Manny was on a hot streak. He hasn't even mentioned Danny Garcia who is on a win streak and KO'd Khan...and Khan defeated Maidana. So how is Maidana at the top of the heap? Like I said, this is more about silencing Broner and his talk of being the next Mayweather, and cashing in on Maidanas momentum.

To add some further credibility to my point; Floyd just went on record as saying "I fight who I want to fight" which is clearly an admission that he cherry picks his opponents. He is constantly contradicting himself but his arrogance continues to feed his ego and denial.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:10 AM

519 posts, read 603,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Where did I say Maidana would be a formidable opponent for Manny but not Floyd?
I already posted the link in this thread, see post #29.

Quote:
What is unusual is that I am the only one you target in your defense of Floyd. Others comments go unnoticed by you.
Who else is constantly gulping down 55 gallon drums of the Hateradeâ„¢?

Quote:
So are you saying that Maidana is actually a legit threat to Floyd?
As legit of a threat as he'd be to Manny...Did anyone consider Buster Douglas a legitimate threat to Mike Tyson? To use a much more recent example, did most people, especially casual fans, consider Jhonny Gonzales a legitimate threat to the previously undefeated Abner Mares? What I'm saying is that Maidana has a shot. Will he win on the cards? Likely not, but as big a puncher as he is, if he connects with something solid like Shane Mosley did against Floyd, it's not inconceivable that he could finish the job.

Quote:
Floyd just claimed that Maidana looked better in his last four fights than Khan has, but failed to use that method of handpicking when Manny was on a hot streak.
Except that they were in negotiations to make that fight. Those negotiations fell apart, the circumstances of which are a dead horse that's been beaten ad nauseam.

Quote:
He hasn't even mentioned Danny Garcia who is on a win streak and KO'd Khan...and Khan defeated Maidana. So how is Maidana at the top of the heap?
Danny Garcia rules himself out of Floyd Mayweather contest by announcing he will fight in Puerto Rico on March 15 | Latest | Boxing News - boxing news, results, rankings, schedules since 1909

In case you didn't notice Danny Garcia is fighting this Saturday. It's not realistic to expect him to turn around and also fight in the beginning of May. Garcia is Puerto Rican and wanted to fight in Puerto Rico. I can't blame him for that, but that'd be a non-starter for Floyd I'd imagine. I'd lay real odds that Danny Garcia is going to get his shot before Floyd's deal is fulfilled. When it happens, please make sure you remember how much you were pushing him as a legitimate threat.

Quote:
Like I said, this is more about silencing Broner and his talk of being the next Mayweather, and cashing in on Maidanas momentum.
Why not take advantage of Maidana's momentum ? He didn't gain that momentum by losing. And yes, the Broner angle probably adds to the marketability, but screw him. Broner needs to be brought down a notch and put in his place.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:23 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
This is a bold prediction. I like Amir, but with his chin I say Mayweather stops him.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:46 PM

162 posts, read 177,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky8828 View Post
Mayweather still fights? Pretty sure he retired 3 something years ago
He did, when there was no other way to duck manny and Cotto. He is already lining up his next easy kill claiming he will fight the winner of khan and callazo. Khan can't take a punch and callazo can't throw one. A knockout over human punching bag Ortiz has somehow put callazo in the running. What a joke!! No wonder boxing is in trouble.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:28 AM

352 posts, read 324,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Amir Khan is the slickest boxer Mayweather has faced. Too much slickness for Mayweather, Khan will be able to stick and move with fast hands and fast feet. Mayweather is getting old - this is not another Mexican stand in-front of you brawler that Mayweather has hand-picked over the last few years. Looking forward to this fight in May and finally seeing Mayweather lose.
Whatever you've been smoking, share it with the rest of us...because anyone who thinks Khan could beat Mayweather has to be incredibly high.

Anyone who has a positive opinion of Khan automatically disqualifies themselves as a boxing expert...the guy is the epitome of all flash and hype and no substance.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:55 PM

162 posts, read 177,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeYourInvestments View Post
Whatever you've been smoking, share it with the rest of us...because anyone who thinks Khan could beat Mayweather has to be incredibly high.

Anyone who has a positive opinion of Khan automatically disqualifies themselves as a boxing expert...the guy is the epitome of all flash and hype and no substance.
Meanwhile, Khan defeated Maidana, the guy Floyd thinks is a more competitive fight. If anything it is Floyd who is all hype and no substance. He's fighting Broners battles for him and then he will possibly fight the winner of Khan vs Callazo. Someone please explain to me how Callazo is even in the running for a shot? Just what I thought......crickets.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:44 PM

592 posts, read 802,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
Meanwhile, Khan defeated Maidana, the guy Floyd thinks is a more competitive fight. If anything it is Floyd who is all hype and no substance. He's fighting Broners battles for him and then he will possibly fight the winner of Khan vs Callazo. Someone please explain to me how Callazo is even in the running for a shot? Just what I thought......crickets.

Sounds like you're going off hearsay...which is unreliable....Just like this thread title
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing