U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2014, 09:48 PM

14,323 posts, read 20,486,695 times

Advertisements

I have long laughed at Malik Scott as a joke of a heavyweight. He has been a long time pretender, a symbol for this era of historically pathetic American heavyweights. In this fight, it was expected that Scott would be completely blown away by Wilder. He didn't disappoint. It was like putting a man in the ring against a boy. Scott should retire and quit embarrassing himself and the sport. He would be better suited for unloading trucks at UPS.

Boxing News | Wilder KOs Scott in 96 seconds
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 11:44 PM

519 posts, read 534,145 times
Very weird knockout. It was a left hook, straight right combo that did Scott in. However, while the left hook landed clean, it was more of a slap than anything else. Then the straight right was more of a glancing blow through Scott's guard. I guess that's just a testament to Wilder's power. Apparently he just doesn't have to land flush to score the KO.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:13 AM

4,182 posts, read 3,090,550 times
A Lot of people on Eastsideboxing and Checkhookboxing were calling this a fix before hand, citing Scott's high weight, and the fact that the two men are actually friends and sparring partners.

It looked legit to me...a lot of people got hung up on the fact that the right, Wilder's money punch, did not land flush. It looked to me like it was the hook that got him.

Thing is, this answers nothing about Wilder. We know that he can punch, but can he take a punch? Can he go 10?

Scott actually looked great in beating Glazkov (I like Czar, but he lost). It is too bad that the has subsequently embarrassed himself against Chisora and Wilder.

Wilder now needs to fight someone for real. Scott was the best opponent that his team could find that cannot punch at all.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:44 PM

14,323 posts, read 20,486,695 times
Scott is pretty pathetic. Got to hand it to Wilder though. He looks promising.

Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott - 1st Round KO - SHOWTIME Boxing - YouTube

Old 03-16-2014, 10:41 PM

I would mention that there are now polls up on both of the other websites I mentioned, and the overwhelming consensus is that Scott took a dive.

I don't believe it, but the guy certainly had little motivation.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:02 PM

592 posts, read 715,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I would mention that there are now polls up on both of the other websites I mentioned, and the overwhelming consensus is that Scott took a dive.

I don't believe it, but the guy certainly had little motivation.
Of course he took a dive. They're friends... he got a paycheck that night.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Of course he took a dive. They're friends... he got a paycheck that night.
I have subsequently seen that Scott has virtually admitted it, posting a photoshopped picture of himself with Olympic divers saying: "Hey guys, did you see my dive."

I am not 100% sure that it is legit. In any event, the bottom line is that the fight tells us nothing about Wilder, who is obviously having his chin protected until they can get him a shot/cash him out ala Jerry Cooney.

I wish Wilder the best, but they are clearly hiding something, and we all know what it is.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:17 AM

12,547 posts, read 8,086,550 times
Look fishy. The temple shot was sorta coming in from the side and I didn't see his head move back on the second punch. I'm surprised that a pro fighter doesn't get up from that or at least try to get up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing