Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:00 PM

592 posts, read 802,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
False accusations of drug use was where this started. Yet when Floyd fought Mosley the last test prior to the fight was 18 days. But even when Manny agreed to 14 days Floyd still wouldn't sign. He's made more excuses not to fight and his fans are perfectly fine with that because they know that Manny was the biggest threat to his undefeated record.

Now he's talking about fighting the winner of Khan vs Callazo. What?!?!?!?! Please tell me what Callazo has done in his career to deserve to be included in a discussion for possible opponents. KO that joke Ortiz who Floyd had to sucker punch in order to win? Didn't Khan already beat Maidana? Didn't Floyd's fans on his website vote for Khan to be his next fight? What happened to keeping his word? Apparently it's not worth anything, and his fanboys will lap up anything he spills on the floor.

Why do you think Manny hasn't had a knockout since 2009? Shortly after the drug accusations came out...and why did Manny agree to the blood testing against Rios...if he's 'scared of needles'?

Bob Arum is the real holdup to the fight... He never wanted his cash cow to fight Mayweather and lose. He has full control of Pacman's career and he is robbing him blind. Just read up on Pacman's money troubles and you can put 2 and 2 together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 07:23 AM

519 posts, read 603,918 times
Quote:
Please Mr. Google, show us this eyewitness report, this reliable source that can provide proof.
Already in this thread.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:04 PM

162 posts, read 177,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Why do you think Manny hasn't had a knockout since 2009? Shortly after the drug accusations came out...and why did Manny agree to the blood testing against Rios...if he's 'scared of needles'?

Bob Arum is the real holdup to the fight... He never wanted his cash cow to fight Mayweather and lose. He has full control of Pacman's career and he is robbing him blind. Just read up on Pacman's money troubles and you can put 2 and 2 together.
Now it's the knockouts that has Floyd fans in a stir? When was Floyd's last KO......against Ortiz when he wasn't looking. Otherwise we go back to the Hatton fight which took him 10 rounds to TKO him while it took Pacman only 2 rounds to end his career. Lets not forget Pacman took his foot off the gas against Margarito and Mosley, two opponents he could have easily knocked out. He was also the first to drop Mosley on the canvas. The steroid accusations started in September of 2009, he knocked out Cotto in November of 2009, so there was a KO since the accusations.

Floyd had his own money troubles until recently. Manny is just fine. Floyd will duck him until he retires for good. Now will some Floyd fan girl please explain why Callazo is named as a possible opponent after his set up fight with Maidana? How does his name suddenly get in the mix ahead of Manny, Garcia, Martinez, Lara, Bradley etc?

Old 04-10-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Now it's the knockouts that has Floyd fans in a stir? When was Floyd's last KO......against Ortiz when he wasn't looking. Otherwise we go back to the Hatton fight which took him 10 rounds to TKO him while it took Pacman only 2 rounds to end his career. Lets not forget Pacman took his foot off the gas against Margarito and Mosley, two opponents he could have easily knocked out. He was also the first to drop Mosley on the canvas. The steroid accusations started in September of 2009, he knocked out Cotto in November of 2009, so there was a KO since the accusations.

Floyd had his own money troubles until recently. Manny is just fine. Floyd will duck him until he retires for good. Now will some Floyd fan girl please explain why Callazo is named as a possible opponent after his set up fight with Maidana? How does his name suddenly get in the mix ahead of Manny, Garcia, Martinez, Lara, Bradley etc?

Floyd had a lot of financial difficulty when he was under Bob Arum... Do you see a pattern?? Pacman doesnt even want to fight anymore, but he has to because Bob Arum owns his career.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:51 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Floyd had a lot of financial difficulty when he was under Bob Arum... Do you see a pattern?? Pacman doesnt even want to fight anymore, but he has to because Bob Arum owns his career.
Where do you come up with this nonsense? Floyd's money problems were during his so called retirement well after he left Arum. Problems with taxes and gambling, the same problems that plagued Mannny.

If Manny didn't want to fight anymore he wouldn't. He has already stated he plans on fighting a few more years even though his contract with Arum expires this summer. This fight has nothing to do with promoters. It's all about Floyd's yellow streak and holding on to that "0".

Old 04-12-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Where do you come up with this nonsense? Floyd's money problems were during his so called retirement well after he left Arum. Problems with taxes and gambling, the same problems that plagued Mannny.

If Manny didn't want to fight anymore he wouldn't. He has already stated he plans on fighting a few more years even though his contract with Arum expires this summer. This fight has nothing to do with promoters. It's all about Floyd's yellow streak and holding on to that "0".

I doubt you understand the business side of the sport, so I'm not surprised you fell for that. Manny needs money, that's why he's still fighting. Do you really think he wanted to fight Marquez again for the fourth time? He didn't have a choice....I bet you if he leaves Bob Arum, the fight will get made....just like Cotto vs Mayweather was made immediately after Cotto left Top Rank.

Since 2008, Name one fighter outside of the Top Rank stable that Manny has been allowed to fight. Here are a couple of links for you to look into and get informed:

Manny Pacquiao's bank accounts frozen in Phillippines - Los Angeles Times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhIB8be86w4

Yet he's scared to fight PacMan, who wasn't even on the radar?

Old 05-14-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I doubt you understand the business side of the sport, so I'm not surprised you fell for that. Manny needs money, that's why he's still fighting. Do you really think he wanted to fight Marquez again for the fourth time? He didn't have a choice....I bet you if he leaves Bob Arum, the fight will get made....just like Cotto vs Mayweather was made immediately after Cotto left Top Rank.

Since 2008, Name one fighter outside of the Top Rank stable that Manny has been allowed to fight. Here are a couple of links for you to look into and get informed:

Manny Pacquiao's bank accounts frozen in Phillippines - Los Angeles Times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhIB8be86w4

Yet he's scared to fight PacMan, who wasn't even on the radar?

I never did get a response to this video.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:22 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
Sugar Shane should know, he was the only named guy with the guts to fight Cotto before Margarito literally plastered him. Heck, neither Mayweather or Pacquiao wanted Sugar Shane until he was old and beat up.

A better fight for Mayweather would have been Paul Williams, I think Williams would of had a great fight against Mayweather because of his activity level and size, although matchup wise Williams would of had a hard time against Pacquiao.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Sugar Shane should know, he was the only named guy with the guts to fight Cotto before Margarito literally plastered him. Heck, neither Mayweather or Pacquiao wanted Sugar Shane until he was old and beat up.

A better fight for Mayweather would have been Paul Williams, I think Williams would of had a great fight against Mayweather because of his activity level and size, although matchup wise Williams would of had a hard time against Pacquiao.
I agree with you for the most part, especially since Sugar Shane is one of my all time favorite fighters ....however, Floyd was actually calling him and Oscar out when he was coming up. Reference the video I posted above.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:59 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
I agree with you for the most part, especially since Sugar Shane is one of my all time favorite fighters ....however, Floyd was actually calling him and Oscar out when he was coming up. Reference the video I posted above.
Too bad you use Floyd as your source. It was Mosley who initially tried to make the fight at lightweight. There was also Freitas, Casamayor, and Tszyu. Back when Margarito wanted him Floyd turned down $8m to fight him, which would have been his biggest pay day of his career up to that point. He then went on to fight Baldomir who had nine losses to his credit. Ironically, Floyd had recently used Mannys old loss to Morales as one if his many excuses to duck him. He ducked Winky Wright after calling him out and Wright called his bluff.

He retired at a time when a PRIME Cotto, Manny, Margarito and Williams were his only options. Keep drinking that Mayweather flavored koolaid and posting pro-Floyd clips. Real fans know what Floyd is and he is once again being faced with a talent rich division with nowhere to run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing