Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 04:33 PM

13 posts, read 17,723 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GpqdoU18UA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 01:30 AM

579 posts, read 762,042 times
The Dead Era? I'm impressed

Old 03-26-2014, 02:02 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,074,900 times
I know this is cliche

But in order for Mayweather to be the best in this era he needs to fight Pacquiao

Which was due 4 years ago.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:07 AM

579 posts, read 762,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
I know this is cliche

But in order for Mayweather to be the best in this era he needs to fight Pacquiao

Which was due 4 years ago.
Mayweather will agree to the fight when Pacquiao is walking with a cane

Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 AM

519 posts, read 603,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
Mayweather will agree to the fight when Pacquiao is walking with a cane
That's OK. Since Mayweather is older than Pacquiao he'll likely have a cane too.

Besides Manny was offered the fight and declined. <shrug>

alex ariza: floyd mayweather offered manny pacquiao the fight EsNews Boxing - YouTube

Old 03-26-2014, 08:13 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Ah, a bitter Alex Ariza is your source? It's widely known that Pacquiao is the fighter who presents the biggest threat to Mayweathers undefeated record. If Floyd should lose just one fight his legacy is ruined. Manny can shrug off a loss and still be as popular as ever. Floyd's ego won't allow him to enter into any risks. He has known this since 2008 and has pulled every excuse out of the book to avoid fighting Manny.

I'll value a legend like Marvin Hagler's opinion over Shane Mosley.

Pacquiao vs Mayweather Fight 2014: Boxing Legend

Old 03-26-2014, 09:00 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Shane is right

To hell with Manny Pacman. He could never beat Floyd, and Floyd doesn't need him to be considered among the greats. Pacman never wanted that fight and this was evident in his negotiating position that the purse be split 50-50. There is no way in hell that any fighter who has been beaten four or five times deserves equal billing with a great undefeated fighter. Floyd holds the superior position here.

Good comments by Shane. His speech is slurring more which sad to see, but I appreciate his perspective.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:53 PM

519 posts, read 603,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Ah, a bitter Alex Ariza is your source?
To the best of my knowledge, nobody has refuted what he says.

To quote Ariza: "How do I know? Because I was there."

Were you?

Quote:
He has known this since 2008 and has pulled every excuse out of the book to avoid fighting Manny.
Sorry, the facts simply don't support your opinions. Manny could've made the fight back in 2008, but avoided the fight because he didn't want to submit to OSDT (similar to the drug testing that he's also now requiring….rather ironic) and he had the chance to make the fight last year, but again avoided the fight when it was offered to him.

Quote:
Manny can shrug off a loss and still be as popular as ever.
His last PPV numbers suggest otherwise…

Quote:
I'll value a legend like Marvin Hagler's opinion over Shane Mosley.
You do that. Truthfully, Hagler sounds a bit jealous. Regardless, Shane Mosley is a legend as well. Only a fool would try to argue otherwise. Besides, all Mosley claimed is that Mayweather is the best of this era, not all time. As such, I think I'll put more value in the opinion of someone who fought in this era, fought against some of the best of this era including Mayweather, Pacquiao among others.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:51 PM

Keep shining Mayweathers legacy with your blind allegiance. Quote Ariza all you like since he was there. I suppose his testimony is just as credible as 50-cent who also claims that Floyd is afraid to lose to Manny, after all, he was there.

There you go spouting PPV numbers as proof of greatness. Floyd's undercards give his numbers a healthy boost and he is still not nearly as exciting to watch as Manny. Keep using money to measure greatness, because you certainly can't use his opposition or heart.

For those that think Manny is ducking or not in his league...it's not Manny with at least half dozen excuses not to fight. Floyd could make more money from this fight than any other, and if Manny was so easy to beat he have done it already. Good to see mediocrity rewarded with one dimensional fair-weather fans who will have no one to root for once their cowardly messiah retires.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:53 PM

Straight from a guy who was there...

Floyd Mayweather to blame for fight with Manny Pacquiao not happening - 50 Cent | Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing