Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 12:47 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,263,995 times

Advertisements

I am an american but when i think of this fight and what it means i chose to go for Ricky Hatton because Floyd Mayweather stands for what our society has become about ....and i dont like it......i like how Ricky Hatton is humble and doesnt throw cash at the screen and flaunt what he has in front of those who are struggling......i hope Floyd gets his butt whipped by an English man and i wish americans would stop giving in to this MTV attitude and HIP=HOP attitude like "anything goes".....where are the rules and the humble youth to represent us on TV?.....This is going to be a good fight and i think Mayweather is in for more than he thinks in this one......who do you want to win in this fight? and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 01:17 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,682,906 times
Default I agree!

I met Floyd twice here in Vegas, once he was real nice and easy going, even got a picture with him, now that was very early in his career. I met him again while he was traing for Diego Corrales ( R.I.P) and when i said good luck floyd, he walked up to me and said " I dont want your luck and he gave me a punk look and walked away".

I feel there are two sides to that guy and yes he has fighting talent, but Hatton has true class, something Mayweather will most likley never have.

I would love to see Hatton beat Mayweather, but i see another 12 round dec win for Floyd. He has the hand speed, great stamina and moves well. Ricky Hatton doesnt hit as hard at 147 as he does at 140, so his power wont be where it needs to.

Right now i think Cotto can possibly beat Mayweather due to his power, and his over all strength.

Lets see what happens , in boxing you never know!

( Oh your right that crap MTV stuff needs to go, whatever happened to real music where you dont need to curse or put down the police or someones race in a song? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
I am an american but when i think of this fight and what it means i chose to go for Ricky Hatton because Floyd Mayweather stands for what our society has become about ....and i dont like it......i like how Ricky Hatton is humble and doesnt throw cash at the screen and flaunt what he has in front of those who are struggling......i hope Floyd gets his butt whipped by an English man and i wish americans would stop giving in to this MTV attitude and HIP=HOP attitude like "anything goes".....where are the rules and the humble youth to represent us on TV?.....This is going to be a good fight and i think Mayweather is in for more than he thinks in this one......who do you want to win in this fight? and why?

Old 07-31-2007, 02:12 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,263,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
I met Floyd twice here in Vegas, once he was real nice and easy going, even got a picture with him, now that was very early in his career. I met him again while he was traing for Diego Corrales ( R.I.P) and when i said good luck floyd, he walked up to me and said " I dont want your luck and he gave me a punk look and walked away".

I feel there are two sides to that guy and yes he has fighting talent, but Hatton has true class, something Mayweather will most likley never have.

I would love to see Hatton beat Mayweather, but i see another 12 round dec win for Floyd. He has the hand speed, great stamina and moves well. Ricky Hatton doesnt hit as hard at 147 as he does at 140, so his power wont be where it needs to.

Right now i think Cotto can possibly beat Mayweather due to his power, and his over all strength.

Lets see what happens , in boxing you never know!

( Oh your right that crap MTV stuff needs to go, whatever happened to real music where you dont need to curse or put down the police or someones race in a song? )

I wish Mayweather would fight Cotto, but i dont think Mayweather would take that risk......he would rather not be injured at all and keep his unbeaten streak alive.....i think Hatton will pose more problems then people think though.....i see Hatton as a person that doesnt care about being set in his stance before throwing a punch so even if Mayweather runs away he will be ducking more than he did against Oscar

Old 07-31-2007, 07:57 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,723,238 times
Head says:

Mayweather by decision.

Hatton does better with opponents who stand in front of him and allow him to get to the inside.

Hard to see Mayweather giving up his advantage of speed and movement.

Heart says:

A Hatton victory might bring a little humble pie to Mayweather's table

Old 08-01-2007, 10:47 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,682,906 times
Default Hatton at 147

Also didnt Hatton fight 1 or 2 fights at 147 and not look so impressive? Didnt that force him to go back to 140? If so he might not be made for a tough 147 fight.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:35 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,324,887 times
This fight appears like a non-competitive fight with Mayweather putting on yet another boxing show. It was however interesting to see Castillo gave Floyd two very competitive fights, almost winning the first. Castillo was not as ferocious and conditioned as Hatton is and he certainly didn't have Hatton's power. I'd like to see Floyd tested, get pressured like never before, maybe get knocked down, and really have to dig deep down and survive a war to win. He needs this type of fight to define his legacy.

I think Hatton can give him this type of fight. Against Hatton, he will have to either fight or run. He will emerge from this fight as either a warrior or just another flashy, quick-fisted, hollow boxer.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:37 PM

13 posts, read 50,025 times
If yall want my opinion. I dont think mayweather knows wat hes in for. ive been looking at some of ricky hattons past fights. mayweather is the kinda boxer that uses his speed and skill to find his punch, then as soon as he hits it he gets outta there to avoid being counter punched. but what I noticed is ricky hatton is the kinda boxer that wont let you escape once the trades begin. his style seems unorthidox but he is a careful fighter. Hatton (42-0) mayweather(38-0) its gona be one hell of a fight. but im going for hatton on this one. mayweathers win over castillo ?uestionable. Hattons KO over castillo says it all. Dec 8, I wouldnt miss it for the world

Old 09-28-2007, 08:12 PM

715 posts, read 1,666,927 times
Mayweather will control the fight and stay away from Hatton...Hatton will chase him and tire himself out from all that wild swinging. Mayweather wins the decision.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:44 PM

943 posts, read 4,250,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
Mayweather will control the fight and stay away from Hatton...Hatton will chase him and tire himself out from all that wild swinging. Mayweather wins the decision.

I agree with you. Ricky Hatton is a 140 pound Miguel Cotto. Oh yeah this fight is at 147. The best fight of this year will be Cotto - Mosley not this one. Cotto - Mosley will be a classic.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:49 PM

943 posts, read 4,250,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
I guess people forget fast. The humble Ricky Hatton has been calling out Floyd Mayweather for years. Did you watch the end of the Castillo fight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing