U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Encino, CA
686 posts, read 1,079,425 times
Reputation: 986

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
He would be well advised to retire. He's had a great career, and has nothing else to prove. He's a hall of fame fighter, and one of the greats in his class. I think he struggled to beat a heavily muscled but mediocre Bradley, and is on the tail end of his career. Fighting further, he risks getting another concussion, with doctors already concerned about his health. He's one shot away from accelerating his decline. Apparently, he's in desperate need for money.

I think he knows that he could never beat Floyd Mayweather, and this is why he demanded they split the purse 50-50. Absolutely absurd for him to demand the same percentage as the unbeaten Floyd, and I don't blame Floyd for telling him to go to hell. Making such a demand means that his advisers are absolute idiots, and are unknowing jeopardizing Manny's health to pad their wallets. Quite an insult to a great fighter like Floyd.

I have always held the belief that Manny could never beat Floyd. Floyd's too good. Floyd knows this, which is another reason why he's so insulted by the offer of this inferior fighter to split the purse 50-50. Manny has produced some great fights, but it's time for him to get the hell out before he's carried out.
This ^^^

Tried to rep you but I need to pass it around more.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2014, 05:07 PM
 
Location: Missouri
592 posts, read 716,279 times
Reputation: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
This ^^^

Tried to rep you but I need to pass it around more.
Go ahead and rep me, then rep him.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2014, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,411 posts, read 18,893,371 times
Reputation: 18541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
I want to see the fight too....but don't forget that Pacman has a boss who decides his fights. Bob Arum has not allowed Manny to fight Mayweather. In fact, instead of making the fight, they decided to sue Goldenboy and Mayweather for suggesting Pacman was on peds. So asking for drug testing that BOTH parties would be subject to a lawsuit? Needless to say, the lawsuit went nowhere and Pacman has since agreed to blood testing as Ariza is no longer in camp.

So now Floyd has to do business with a shady promoter, who was previously cheating him out of money, and tried to sue him....I don't blame Mayweather for being very demanding about this fight.
Actually Floyd does have a boss, his name is Al Haymon. He is Floyd's puppet master and every bit as shady as Arum.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2014, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,411 posts, read 18,893,371 times
Reputation: 18541
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
He would be well advised to retire. He's had a great career, and has nothing else to prove. He's a hall of fame fighter, and one of the greats in his class. I think he struggled to beat a heavily muscled but mediocre Bradley, and is on the tail end of his career. Fighting further, he risks getting another concussion, with doctors already concerned about his health. He's one shot away from accelerating his decline. Apparently, he's in desperate need for money.

I think he knows that he could never beat Floyd Mayweather, and this is why he demanded they split the purse 50-50. Absolutely absurd for him to demand the same percentage as the unbeaten Floyd, and I don't blame Floyd for telling him to go to hell. Making such a demand means that his advisers are absolute idiots, and are unknowing jeopardizing Manny's health to pad their wallets. Quite an insult to a great fighter like Floyd.

I have always held the belief that Manny could never beat Floyd. Floyd's too good. Floyd knows this, which is another reason why he's so insulted by the offer of this inferior fighter to split the purse 50-50. Manny has produced some great fights, but it's time for him to get the hell out before he's carried out.
Once again, I will even type slowly so you understand. Manny agreed to less money, 60/40, and Floyd went silent. He also agreed to random drug testing, Floyd went silent. Now Floyd demands he leave Arum. I've never seen any fighter lay out so many demands unless they just don't want to fight. If Floyd thought for a moment that he could easily defeat Manny it would have been done. Even at a 60 percent take he would make well over $100 million for the fight. But now he has a guaranteed $300 million contract with Showtime so he won't risk his undefeated record to fight Manny or any other dangerous opponent. Look to Al Haymon to see who is really helping to keep is fight from happening now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2014, 12:03 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
519 posts, read 534,440 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
He also agreed to random drug testing, Floyd went silent.
Except I already showed that Michael Koncz, Pacquiao's advisor, proved you wrong.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2014, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,411 posts, read 18,893,371 times
Reputation: 18541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Except I already showed that Michael Koncz, Pacquiao's advisor, proved you wrong.
Neither he nor you were present during every conversation between them. Keep flying your hate flag.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2014, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
519 posts, read 534,440 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Neither he nor you were present during every conversation between them. Keep flying your hate flag.
Maybe maybe not, but how do you know what he was or wasn't present for? Regardless of whether Koncz was physically present during every conversation, does it really seem reasonable that he wasn't informed of the details of the conversations? I mean if not, that would make it kind of hard to do his job as an advisor if he were to advise without all of the facts don't you think?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top