Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 08:16 AM

519 posts, read 604,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Thanks for the laugh, Coolhand
That's about all he's good for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 10:23 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
God your arrogance is gonna make it all the sweeter. 60 days - plenty of time to get your excuses ready!
Arrogance is right. For anyone to believe this will be an easy win for Floyd, they obviously haven't followed boxing for any length of time and know nothing of the sport. They are casual fans, and to put it more accurately hopeless "fan-boys". If Floyd loses I promise you he will storm out of that ring like a hysterical child, and throw tantrums. He will be his usual classless self, and his fans will be their usual classless selves whether he wins or loses.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:15 PM

145 posts, read 160,411 times
How are close rounds gonna work in this fight? Let's say Floyd goes 16/35 and Pacquiao goes 21/85. Who are the judges going to give close rounds to?

Old 02-24-2015, 02:56 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
I was done thinking about what judges would do years ago, there's no telling - some decisions I have seen over the years were diabolical.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:15 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Will this fight be bigger then Ali Fraser?? After this fight what does the sport have left? If Mayweather win there will probably not be a rematch. This seems to be the fight everyone wanted, yet everyone seems to be cheering for Mayweather to win. Mayweather winning doesnt really help boxing.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:40 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
Everyone I know want Pacman to win.

Old 02-24-2015, 04:31 PM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Will this fight be bigger then Ali Fraser?? After this fight what does the sport have left? If Mayweather win there will probably not be a rematch. This seems to be the fight everyone wanted, yet everyone seems to be cheering for Mayweather to win. Mayweather winning doesnt really help boxing.
Are you kidding me? For the overall interest of the country, this fight isn't even close to Ali-Frazier. There was no "Pay per view" back then to compare to. There was only 1 champion per weight class back then and no one was able to duck worthy opponents. My nostalgia for the old days is coming out.

This fight is the biggest thing in years to happen to a sport that once intrigued the entire country, but now is only given a passing glance by most.

I'm tickled to death that this fight will happen as there has been so little to look forward to in the sport over the years. I'll be at the edge of my seat for this one, but compared to the populace back in Ali/Frazier, I (and you) will be in a huge minority. The worst run sport in the WORLD is boxing. The powers that be have run it into the ground. I never thought I'd say this, but MMA is much more popular. In fact, I watch more MMA myself. Never would have happened years ago.

Old 02-24-2015, 04:38 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
And if they fight and Floyd wins I wonder if people will give him credit or if he will still be booed "Manny was not on top shape...Floyd got lucky...He's still no good...".
ill give him credit in time, but it would be interesting how Mayweather fans would react to him actually losing. Why do Mayweather fans actually exist?? Im curious about this, its a long list of things he has done in and out of the ring that rubbed me the wrong way. He took the negative aspects of Ali and Tyson and merged them. Maybe he will be more humble in time like Tyson did, but one thing about Tyson and Ali and Leonard, they fought the best when they were the best. Mayweather though Pacquiao was so good, he must have been juicing. Thats Fear.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:05 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Mayweather though Pacquiao was so good, he must have been juicing. Thats Fear.
Nope. When you ask for random blood tests and someone comes up with the silliest contradicting excuses to not take them, shouldn't that raise question marks? Ok, just imagine it was the other way around and I am sure Floyd would get flamed all over the place. Manny didn't want to take random blood tests because he was afraid of needles (yet he has tattoos?), he was superstitious, a nurse might do it wrong and hurt him, he won't be able to prepare well for the fight, it is so unfair (but Floyd is taking it too!), blood makes him nervous (and he's in a blood sport?), etc. This is when all Manny fans remained quiet.

See, I also had my doubts as why this went as long as it did. It's not the first time Floyd does it. Remember all the time it took to make the fight vs Oscar? Many thought he was afraid, he was no good, and so on. And to be honest, I thought Oscar won that fight by a few points. Saw it close but I thought Floyd lost it. But that might be another thread.

I had my doubts about BOTH Manny and Floyd. Manny with his contradicting and shady excuses to not take random blood tests and Floyd not pushing more aggressively for this fight to make it happen. I see both sides being drama queens.

Coolhand68,
Yes, we might see that. Or maybe we might see Floyd take the loss just like Naseem Hamed took his when he was defeated by Marco Antonio Barrera. I thought Naz would act like a bad sport but he just didn't.

Now, how do you see Pac Fans reacting to Manny losing? I didn't see fans react as a good sport when he was KOed by Marquez. Look at any YouTube video showing that video and look at his fans' comments that go from "Manny lost on purpose to lure Floyd...it was fake...Marquez got lucky...Manny tripped..." to other fans saying Marquez should be tested extensively, which I find silly as many of Manny's fans objected to Manny being tested randomly, go figure.

Will this be an easy fight for Manny or Floyd, I don't think so. Still, its boxing, and one punch can change the outcome. Like I said before, if it ends with someone with their back on the mat, I'll say it would be Floyd laying on the mat. If it goes to the scorecards, I'll say Manny would be taken to school by Floyd who is a better all-around boxer. I was thinking about their punching power and it is not that far apart either. Its only like a 6% difference when it comes to finishing fights by KO if I remember correctly.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:53 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,116 times
The fact that Pretty Boy has WAY more to lose than Pacquiao is really all you need to know to predict the outcome of this fight.

People are delusional, in my view, if they think that an elite boxer like PB is gunna let some over-the-hill Filipino get the best of him at this point.

Ain't gunna happen

PB will be primed for a peak performance on May 2 ... and he will take no prisoners in that ring...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing