Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2015, 10:56 AM

10,168 posts, read 20,715,393 times

Advertisements

Refreshing to see how these two could sign an agreement so quickly without all the demands and excuses. This should be a great fight for as long as it lasts. If Floyd backs out of the fight with Manny, then it's Alvarez/Kirkland on May 2nd on HBO. Mayweather will lose money on PPV sales if he tries fighting a rematch with Cotto or a fight with anyone else on May 2nd. Interesting to see how this plays out. Too bad Cotto didn't sign on to fight Alvarez which the fight I most wanted to see in 2015, but this isn't a bad consolation prize for the fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 11:29 AM

326 posts, read 527,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Refreshing to see how these two could sign an agreement so quickly without all the demands and excuses. This should be a great fight for as long as it lasts. If Floyd backs out of the fight with Manny, then it's Alvarez/Kirkland on May 2nd on HBO. Mayweather will lose money on PPV sales if he tries fighting a rematch with Cotto or a fight with anyone else on May 2nd. Interesting to see how this plays out. Too bad Cotto didn't sign on to fight Alvarez which the fight I most wanted to see in 2015, but this isn't a bad consolation prize for the fans.
This is a great fight. Props to Canelo for standing firm. IMO, there's no fight out there for Floyd that wouldn't lose money to Canelo that's not Pacquaio. Nice little turn of events.

Old 01-24-2015, 12:10 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,306,240 times
Good. Should be a good fight. Maybe Khan and Pacman can come together. Rumor has it that Cotto is not interested in getting his butt kicked by Floyd again.

Floyd apparently not concerned about PPV numbers, picking opponents so PPV numbers can be up. What a ridiculous way to choose an opponent, pure MMA style nonsense. I hope Floyd gives a few journeymen a chance to fight him, give them a big payday, and a chance to fight the best, then RETIRES. He's already proven he's one of the best.

Frankly, to me, the greatness of Floyd and Pacman is not defined by whether or not they fight each other. They both have already earned their place.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:49 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,173,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Good. Should be a good fight. Maybe Khan and Pacman can come together. Rumor has it that Cotto is not interested in getting his butt kicked by Floyd again.

Floyd apparently not concerned about PPV numbers, picking opponents so PPV numbers can be up. What a ridiculous way to choose an opponent, pure MMA style nonsense. I hope Floyd gives a few journeymen a chance to fight him, give them a big payday, and a chance to fight the best, then RETIRES. He's already proven he's one of the best.

Frankly, to me, the greatness of Floyd and Pacman is not defined by whether or not they fight each other. They both have already earned their place.
Khan vs Pacman is a good fight, but it's not the fight.

Floyd needs to fight Pacquaio because Floyd did irreparable damage to Pacquaio's reputation. The only way Pacquaio can recover at this point is to fight Floyd and prove to his doubters that he was never on performance enhancing drugs.

I know people believe that Floyd would beat Pacquaio, but I think styles make fights. Floyd does things against southpaws that he wouldn't be able to get away with doing against Pacquaio.

Honestly, I think Floyd would take a beating in this fight, and his fans like you need to see this, so you realize how great Pacquaio is and was.

The main reason why people don't respect Pacquaio is because of the things that Floyd said about him.

Floyd owes it to the sport to get in there with Pacquaio and take a 30 minute ass whippin. Don't get me wrong, I get it that Floyd is afraid.

I get it that he's having nightmares of Pacquaio, but if he's so afraid, he needs to just come out and say he's scared to fight Pacquaio and that's why the fight isn't happening. That's the only way he can mitigate some of the damage he's done by spreading rumors about Pacquaio.

If he doesn't do that, then he needs to face the music and fight Pacquaio.

You say, you think Mayweather deserves the easy way out, but you want to see Pacquaio fight some of the best? Come on man, you're being a fan of Mayweather rather than of boxing.

Honestly, I don't want to see Mayweather or Pacquaio fight anyone else, but eachother. They don't have anything left to prove except who's the best.

Pacquaio's been saying this for some time now. Just fight and prove who the best is.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:19 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,543,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
This will be good - as you say, for as long as it lasts.

Old 02-21-2015, 09:03 PM

5 posts, read 4,330 times
Kirkland will give CANELO all he can handle. Canelo lately has been scared to throw punches. He's trying to be too defensive. IMO he lost to Trout by being too defensive. I think him and Kirkland will be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing