Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Will Win?
Floyd Mayweather 10 45.45%
Manny Pacquiao 9 40.91%
It Will Be A Draw 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 12:06 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times

Advertisements

I doubt that Floyd did anything wrong, but time will tell what develops from this. I frankly have never believed that Pacman could beat Floyd, no matter what.

The result of this may be that a rematch is ordered. Provided that Floyd beats Berto, with Pacman fully recovered from his shoulder injury, a rematch would be set up for a fight even bigger than the first one. it would be a chance for Floyd to top Marciano's record, and a chance for Pacman to redeem himself against the hated Mayweather.

The rematch would be the highest grossing fight in history, by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 03:05 AM

465 posts, read 418,400 times
I believe both we're taking PEDs. Overtime Mayweather has grown muscular too. I don't care though, legalize it all.

To the latest finding. For my education, I would be interested in what vitamins he took. I take high doses of Vitamin C once of week to fight off colds and such, though not intravenously. I don't know of any vitamins sold off the shelf that are classified as PEDs, if anything he picked up a serious case of diarrhea. So I don't see the point of contention.

This is coming from Mayweather hater.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:43 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
.....and they are supposed to bite the hand that feeds them.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:17 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Is this the opening for Floyd v Manny part 2?

Old 09-11-2015, 07:51 AM

465 posts, read 418,400 times
∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Your probably right. This time i am not buying the fight

Old 09-14-2015, 10:40 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I doubt that Floyd did anything wrong, but time will tell what develops from this. I frankly have never believed that Pacman could beat Floyd, no matter what.
Mayweather team rehydrated and USADA before they did it. Is it an approved method or not to rehydrate? That's what all this is about. It's not like this method of rehydration was making Manny miss all his punches just like he did when they met in the ring.

Quote:
The result of this may be that a rematch is ordered. Provided that Floyd beats Berto, with Pacman fully recovered from his shoulder injury
Shoulder injury? I doubt he ever had that. Interviews before the fight Manny and his team and promoter confirmed even a day or two before the fight that they were 100% ready for the fight. During the fight Manny was not seen wince even once whenever he threw all those flurry of punches whenever Floyd challenged him in the ropes or corner. Before the fight he was posing just fine with his arms raised high waving at people with both arms. After the fight, same thing. He was asked about the fight and came up with "He doesn't stand still...he is fast..." and that was it. At press conference all of a sudden he and his team started blaming the loss on his shoulder. Then came up the thing about him needing surgery to treat that shoulder. Then, nothing had to be done because Manny miraculously was healed by his god with the salt of the sea water as he went in there for a swim which raises the question: how can you go for a swim if your shoulder is supposed to be bad?

I would think all that was said to make way for a rematch. It's nothing new to hear Pacquiao and his team come up with excuses for a loss. You might remember that time where he blamed his performance on wearing the wrong pair of socks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing