Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 02:22 PM

880 posts, read 2,024,102 times

Advertisements

How about a best of 3 winner takes all the money
First bout boxing Conner may lose but he will survive easily
Second bout MMA rules Mayweather will lose but will he survive?
Third bout a good old street fight Conner will beat Mayweather like drum.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:56 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,979,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Is boxing in so much trouble that guys from different sports competing is the most exciting thing going on?
I seem to recall UFC promoting a pro wrestler over their own guys not too long ago.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:08 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,179 times
I wouldn't watch this not even on someone else's dime. This will be another Mayweather sprint event. Hussein Bolt would have trouble keeping up with Mayweather.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:19 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,764 times
Mayweather is 40 years old and hasn't fought in years now. That can't be good. McGregor isn't a boxer. That also can't be good. This smells of terrible. However, one way or another a big mouth is going to be shut up. lol

Old 06-16-2017, 06:26 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,123,200 times
It appears despite my disbelief this is actually happening. Now comes all the trash talk, showboating and a scuffle at a press conference probably. Promoters are salivating at all the stacks of cash already...

Old 06-17-2017, 07:22 AM

465 posts, read 418,082 times
I find it odd that several times Boxing enthusiasts were told to keep quiet because of the route predictions. Non-Boxing fans don't want to hear it. I've heard Non-Boxing fans acknowledge the route but they want to watch the spectacle of everything. Oddly they know they are not buying a competitive fight but rather a reality show. Most likely the other predictions are right too, that they will break all sorts of PPV results.

This is a very weird phenomenon. I guess this is proof that I am not mainstream anyway. Give me my porch, rocking chair and put me out to pasture.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:51 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,074,137 times
The hype leading to the fight will be great. These 2 can sell a fight. The actual fight will not be exciting but rather boring. I expect Mayweather to put a clinic on Mcgregor. He is the best defensive boxer of all time. This will not be an exciting fight i hope people realize that.

I feel a more exciting fight would have been McGregor and Canelo.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:42 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
In an effort to save everyone the disappointment and the money, I am advocating to all my fellow Boxing enthusiasts to not buy the fight if it happens. This is a historic mismatch. I see this match as a circus more than a fight. Furthermore, I think McGregor is highly overrated. I firmly believe this is another "white hope" thing. The only interesting point to this fight is how many punches McGregor can land. Not counting jabs, I predict that he lands 10 punches.

Don't buy the fight!
Why would you care what anyone does in this regard? People like the circus! People like seeing someone outclassed! People like the underdog and hype! People love wishing upon a star an hoping for a miracle.

And I don't think CM is overrated as a fighter at all and not sure what race has to do with this - a boxer yes - a MMA no. CM knows that he can make a ton of money and he genuinely believes he can beat FM with little risk to him or his UFC career - the worst that can happen is that he will get stopped because of unanswered pop shots by pretty boy money May.

Of course I am not one of those to pay for any pay-per-view. I'll wait till after the fight to watch it.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:44 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The hype leading to the fight will be great. These 2 can sell a fight. The actual fight will not be exciting but rather boring. I expect Mayweather to put a clinic on Mcgregor. He is the best defensive boxer of all time. This will not be an exciting fight i hope people realize that.

I feel a more exciting fight would have been McGregor and Canelo.
Too risky - CM knows what he is doing by picking FM. Old, inactive, no KO power, non-aggressive, and don't forget MORE MONEY - that is after all Floyd's name.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:52 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
One way in which I think it will help boxing is that perspective will be finally realized - FM can elevate the sport by demonstrating that it is a sweet science when he makes CM look silly. And it will all be done by a 40 year old inactive showman. It will straighten out all the BS hype surrounding MMA and CM. And I'm a fan of CM but let's be real most people operate on religious fanery - that's a new word I just made up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing