U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 09:00 PM

794 posts, read 270,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Headgear and gloves dont prevent CTE. It mostly for cuts, and maybe bruises.
Have you ever been in a ring? I am not saying boxing with headgear is completely safe but it makes it way safer. As a multitime state amature boxing champ I have some personal experience in this area. Or maybe the tens of thousands of shots to the head has me not thinking clearly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 05:42 AM

23,572 posts, read 24,651,482 times
weel i boxit asz a lil boyyyyyye to an now I amm fin aan haf mosly stopit fal over unspectolly if i haz a wall to holt on to

Old 12-05-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
weel i boxit asz a lil boyyyyyye to an now I amm fin aan haf mosly stopit fal over unspectolly if i haz a wall to holt on to
I find you post hilarious and extremely offensive at the same time.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:06 PM

10,189 posts, read 8,516,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Have you ever been in a ring? I am not saying boxing with headgear is completely safe but it makes it way safer. As a multitime state amature boxing champ I have some personal experience in this area. Or maybe the tens of thousands of shots to the head has me not thinking clearly.
And I am concerned for the child's safety. Headgear, and gloves wont protect him from CTE. Now is the training without head shots or hard sparring ? Okay then it is fine.

Old 12-07-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I hope kids boxing has no head shots. But from what I have seen, they dont hold the kids back from head shots. Other martial arts that have full contact with no head shots include Kyokushin Karate, or even Tae Kwon Do.
This post shows you have no idea what you are posting about.

Quote:
And I am concerned for the child's safety. Headgear, and gloves wont protect him from CTE. Now is the training without head shots or hard sparring ? Okay then it is fine.
Please tell everyone what your agenda is, do you post this CTE stuff in every sports thread, if not why?

If you really want information I would be more than happy to explain it to you and what to look for in different gyms.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:10 PM

10,189 posts, read 8,516,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
This post shows you have no idea what you are posting about.

Please tell everyone what your agenda is, do you post this CTE stuff in every sports thread, if not why?

If you really want information I would be more than happy to explain it to you and what to look for in different gyms.
Are you saying head trauma wont happen from repeated punching to the head ?

If you are saying kids boxing has not head punches then fine, no problem. But I have seen kids boxing while hitting each other in the head.

Old 12-22-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Are you saying head trauma wont happen from repeated punching to the head ?

If you are saying kids boxing has not head punches then fine, no problem. But I have seen kids boxing while hitting each other in the head.
No I am saying nothing is 100% safe but gloves and head gear help to reduce those problems.

Your posting about Kyokushin Karate and Tae Kwon Do show you need more information on the subject. Even Brazilian Jiu Jitsu has recently been shown to cause CTE and there is no punches or kicks at all allowed.

Old 12-22-2019, 05:57 PM

18,672 posts, read 10,983,312 times
I recommend a Dale Carnegie course.
He never gave anyone a concussion, and made lots of money, too.

Old 12-26-2019, 02:53 AM

35,318 posts, read 45,278,845 times
What does the kid think of this idea?

Old 12-26-2019, 07:15 AM

960 posts, read 397,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What does the kid think of this idea?
kid's mother doesn't like it. i don't mean for the kid to be in matches all the time, but Just to have the training in case things happen...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing