U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2020, 03:06 PM

476 posts, read 158,933 times

Advertisements

Canelo dominated the fight with Smith. Smith performed badly so much so that it was a mismatch. Watching the fight, I see Canelo walk through punches. I notice Canelo had what appeared to be a thicker neck and definitely more muscular. By round 3, I was confident that Canelo was PEDs again.

Then I started thinking of his past. I remember thinking the Kovalev fight was a scam. I have no doubt that Kovalev took a dive for $12M. That knockout was fake. Then add in the GGG fights.

As we know Boxing has messy history. I believe by allowing Canelo to go up and down the weight classes loaded on PEDs will significantly increase the potential for him to become the greatest ever, and I don't think he is.

My assumption will be validated if Canelo cuts weight to defend those lighter weight belts. Roy Jones contended that he lost strength going down in weight. Going up was easier than going down.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2020, 07:11 PM

5,751 posts, read 7,284,390 times
The fights with GGG were a fraud because of blatant rigging by the judges. PED's play no role as GGG still beat him every time.

Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM

3,656 posts, read 3,772,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
The fights with GGG were a fraud because of blatant rigging by the judges. PED's play no role as GGG still beat him every time.
Totally agree with this. GGG beat him in those fights.

Also, to the op Bondurant, I dont think he's a "fraud". I just think that Mexican fighters just completely OWN Brit fighters. Like, its pretty much a guarantee that any of those super hyped by promoter Brit fighters will get killed by whoever Mexican they fight. We've seen it time and time again with Brit fighters in getting their butts kicked by fighters from North America. The only exceptions where Lennox Lewis and to a lesser extent Calzage (who would have been killed by a prime Bernard Hopkins).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing