Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2023, 08:43 AM

6,999 posts, read 11,298,847 times

Advertisements

It's a joke. A show. A exhibition. I guess people got their money worth. I have zero doubt Fury wins that fight easily if he chooses too, there was no reason or will to fight that hard. He made some lame statement that he was confused, and thus had to fight off his back foot the entire night. They both went southpaw at the same time, sure that was totally unscripted too.

I will credit both guys for going out and putting on a good show. A rematch will attract interest and money, but it's not Usyk or Joshua, or Wilder, or White.

As said, Fury is content to fight a few times a year, or not. As for his build.........think NFL lineman. There is 240 pounds of solid muscle there hidden under a "fat suit" that gives him the mass needed to punch harder but barely slows him. He looks like a Punch-out villain in the ring. Nobody that big should be that quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2023, 10:48 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,438,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
It's a joke. A show. A exhibition. I guess people got their money worth. I have zero doubt Fury wins that fight easily if he chooses too, there was no reason or will to fight that hard. He made some lame statement that he was confused, and thus had to fight off his back foot the entire night. They both went southpaw at the same time, sure that was totally unscripted too.

I will credit both guys for going out and putting on a good show. A rematch will attract interest and money, but it's not Usyk or Joshua, or Wilder, or White.

As said, Fury is content to fight a few times a year, or not. As for his build.........think NFL lineman. There is 240 pounds of solid muscle there hidden under a "fat suit" that gives him the mass needed to punch harder but barely slows him. He looks like a Punch-out villain in the ring. Nobody that big should be that quick.
I will say this, I just got done watching a documentary on YouTube about Ngannous preparation for the Fury fight training with Mike Tyson. I wish Ngannou was 17 instead of his actual 37 years of age. He has the physical gifts but unlike say Joshua, he also has the heart and desire to be great as can be seen from his mma career. With some expert boxing training I honestly think he would be a problem for all the top heavyweights today including Fury. Alas hes just too old now.

Old 11-02-2023, 08:55 PM

12,384 posts, read 9,483,835 times
Well I guess I sold Ngannou short. I've only read the accounts of the Ngannou/Fury bout but apparently Ngannou came within a whisker of beating Fury. I have seen a few of Ngannou's UFC fights and even in his UFC work, you wouldn't say that he was the most technical or athletic striker, but, he was clearly the hardest puncher in the UFC's heavyweight division and surprisingly fast for his size as well. That elbow that Fury threw - those aren't legal in boxing rules are they? If not, I wonder why the ref let it go? - it looked pretty mean.

Old 11-15-2023, 02:23 PM

12,384 posts, read 9,483,835 times
Well the WBC has issued a ranking to Francis Ngannou - he's been ranked 10th by them. Apparently this is quite unusual as he hasn't won a fight yet. Of course if he fights the #1 in his first fight, and comes away with a split decision, I'd say that's pretty unusual as well. One could even argue that he should be ranked higher.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...yson-fury-loss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing