U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-27-2009, 01:01 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,319 posts, read 21,367,473 times
Reputation: 18436

Advertisements

FOX Sports on MSN - MMA/Boxing - Former Louisville boxing champion Page dies
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-27-2009, 01:42 PM
 
Location: South FL
5,514 posts, read 7,082,639 times
Reputation: 3560
Rip.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 12:37 AM
 
Location: Nevada
2,069 posts, read 6,432,263 times
Reputation: 1223
Default Rip

Very sad! RIP Greg! He was good friends with Mike Tyson, Mike told me that Greg was tough in sparring! Actually i believe he dropped Mike once. Greg was an awesome fighter.

RIP
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 12:56 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,319 posts, read 21,367,473 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Very sad! RIP Greg! He was good friends with Mike Tyson, Mike told me that Greg was tough in sparring! Actually i believe he dropped Mike once. Greg was an awesome fighter.

RIP
I heard this once too, that Page was a tough opponent for Tyson in sparring. I always wondered why they never fought. Friendship?

Yes, very sad. In fact, about a month ago, I was wondering how Page was doing, even thinking of donating money to aid his care. Heartbreaking to hear this news.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 05:02 AM
 
Location: Galewood
4,059 posts, read 9,806,680 times
Reputation: 2579
Rip
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 01:40 PM
 
Location: South FL
5,514 posts, read 7,082,639 times
Reputation: 3560
Yup, Greg dropped Tyson on Sparring training for 'Buster' Douglas.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2009, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Nevada
2,069 posts, read 6,432,263 times
Reputation: 1223
Default Page

Good question, i still live in Vegas, once and a while i still bump into Tyson, if he brings Page up i'll ask why they never fought.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I heard this once too, that Page was a tough opponent for Tyson in sparring. I always wondered why they never fought. Friendship?

Yes, very sad. In fact, about a month ago, I was wondering how Page was doing, even thinking of donating money to aid his care. Heartbreaking to hear this news.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2009, 06:38 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,319 posts, read 21,367,473 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Good question, i still live in Vegas, once and a while i still bump into Tyson, if he brings Page up i'll ask why they never fought.
Good stuff. I would love to run into Tyson. One of these days...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top