Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:29 AM

24,366 posts, read 22,939,367 times

Advertisements

I was going to say he had to have been drunk if his wife was able to strangle him with her purse. Either that or she was pretty tough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 07:39 AM

733 posts, read 1,923,716 times
actually they said he was hit over the head with a blunt object, so she may ahve knocked him out while he was sleeping, then strangled him....either way it's a tragedy.....

Old 07-30-2009, 08:55 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,726,170 times
Brazilian authorities are now ruling his death a suicide! This has corruption written all over it, what an outrage! His wife will likely walk free. Horrible.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Sounds like they had a fight, and while he was in a deep sleep from being drunk, someone walked in (wife let the person in), and some thug strangled Gatti. Just a damn shame.

Police formally accuse wife in death of Gatti - FOX Sports on MSN
that is what *she* is saying...it does not clear her in any way.....what a witch....

Old 07-31-2009, 10:18 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,471,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Brazilian authorities are now ruling his death a suicide! This has corruption written all over it, what an outrage! His wife will likely walk free. Horrible.
Agreed, if this was done in the US it would've been different, Brazilian authorities are 3rd world, they don't know anything.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:10 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,316,620 times
It is absolutely horrible and this is certainly corruption. Those idiots ruled it a suicide, absolutely ridiculous.

Gatti and his wife had been frequently fighting it is alleged. When they got to her home country, no doubt a third party killed Gatti, maybe in retaliation for his fighting his Brazilian wife. They then made it look like suicide and the authorities are powerless because they know who did it. Maybe some mob group there that has serious power over the police. This absolutely stinks.

Gatti's family knows he wouldn't commit suicide and have had his body exhumed for further investigation. Good for them. I hope justice prevails here.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
It is absolutely horrible and this is certainly corruption. Those idiots ruled it a suicide, absolutely ridiculous.

Gatti and his wife had been frequently fighting it is alleged. When they got to her home country, no doubt a third party killed Gatti, maybe in retaliation for his fighting his Brazilian wife. They then made it look like suicide and the authorities are powerless because they know who did it. Maybe some mob group there that has serious power over the police. This absolutely stinks.

Gatti's family knows he wouldn't commit suicide and have had his body exhumed for further investigation. Good for them. I hope justice prevails here.
Oh I read that yesterday....I'm horrified.

It's completely ridiculous! God, I hope the family gets this fixed....I hope that wife gets hers too......

Old 08-01-2009, 08:17 AM

3,011 posts, read 6,287,918 times
Quote:

Excellent points...I never beileved for a second that Gatti would kill himself. This man had a young child and so many other things to live for. I also hope justice prevails, but sadly, it may take a long time.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:03 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,726,170 times
I'm sure the powers that be down in Brazil were promised a generous sum of money, either from his/her current fortune or the insurance policy. I'm guessing he was set up and a third party was hired to killed him. It could also have been set up by a family member of hers down there. Hopefully she doesn't live long enough to spend a dime of his money.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:03 AM

177 posts, read 380,690 times
Really shock with this news when i first heard it.. RIP..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing