U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 PM

5,524 posts, read 7,153,219 times

Advertisements

LAS VEGAS, NEV. – BOB ARUM, CEO of Top Rank, announced today that the mega-fight between boxing’s No. 1 pound-for-pound king and the reigning Boxing Writers Association of America’s (BWAA) Fighter of the Year, MANNY “PacMan” PACQUIAO, and the pride of Puerto Rico and three-time world champion MIGUEL COTTO is official.

Top Rank Confirms: Pacquiao vs. Cotto a Done Deal! - Boxing News
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 11:25 PM

2,069 posts, read 6,466,250 times
Wow, should be an all out war!!! Tough pick for me. I'll predict Pac- man hands and head movement will be too much for Cotto. Pac-man by mid rounds TKO. Though if Cotto comes in tip top shape physically and mentally then watch out! He could land a solid left and hurt Manny! Cant wait! Have to lean Pac-man though.

Picks??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
LAS VEGAS, NEV. – BOB ARUM, CEO of Top Rank, announced today that the mega-fight between boxing’s No. 1 pound-for-pound king and the reigning Boxing Writers Association of America’s (BWAA) Fighter of the Year, MANNY “PacMan” PACQUIAO, and the pride of Puerto Rico and three-time world champion MIGUEL COTTO is official.

Top Rank Confirms: Pacquiao vs. Cotto a Done Deal! - Boxing News

Old 07-21-2009, 08:26 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,814,214 times
If Cotto sticks to his game plan, and doesn't try to knock Pac on his Arse early, Cotto will destroy him. However, just like Hatton didn't see what the big deal with Pac is about, and got laid down, Cotto will see too if he doesnt come in fresh, with a good strategy and stick with it. I say Cotto

Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 AM

I'm still wondering who Cotto will choose as his trainer, but i'm going for Pacquiao by decision.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
In one of the most anticipated fights of the year, Manny Pacquiao will challenge WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto on November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Pacquiao and Cotto reached a deal on Monday and the fight was announced by their mutual promoter, Top Rank.

"It Was a long negotiation, but finally we arrived at an agreement and all is well. Big things were achieved and we are happy with [the negotiation]. We are very happy with everything that was achieved for this fight," said Cotto to El Nuevo Dia. "It is one of the most anticipated fights of this year."

As part of the deal to get the Pacquiao fight, Cotto extended his current contract with Top Rank through the end of 2011. Cotto's contract was going to expire at the end of the year and there were rumors that he might jump ship to another promoter.

"It was one of the clauses in finalizing the deal. I have been with them since the beginning of my career and I'm happy with them," Cotto said.

Cotto plans to his training camp at the start of August. The training camp will once again take place in the state of Florida. Pacquiao will receive the bulk of the money involved. Some say the split could be as high as 65-35 in Pacquiao's favor. Cotto's legal adviser defended the deal. Cotto is expected to make the biggest payday of his entire career.
Cotto Talks Manny Pacquiao Fight, Top Rank Deal

Old 07-21-2009, 11:48 AM

Bob Arum Predicts Cotto vs Pacquiao Will Be a War

Quote:
By Ronnie Nathanielsz

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum predicts the showdown between pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao and Puerto Rico’s WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto (34-1, 27 KO’s) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on November 14 will be “a war, an absolute war.”

Arum spoke to BoxingScene.com, insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports after what he said was a “really and truly wonderful holiday. Every stop we enjoyed ourselves “ in Israel and Italy in particular and he was re-charged and ready to go to work promoting some of the most exciting cards in boxing.

Arum who told us before he left on a one-month vacation that he was confident Pacquiao would agree to fight Cotto said this will be “a great fight, a great, great fight because of their styles.”

Arum revealed that immediately after Cotto beat Joshua Clottey to win the title, Pacquiao said he wanted to fight Cotto and “even Freddie (Roach) wanted that fight."
Bob Arum Predicts Cotto vs Pacquiao Will Be a War - Boxing News

Old 07-25-2009, 12:09 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,924,527 times
I like Pac man to outwork Cotto and win a close split decision

Old 07-25-2009, 11:09 AM

I can't see Cotto dominating Manny.
his last performance was totally horrible.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:56 AM

14,318 posts, read 21,526,062 times
This will be a good fight dictated by how well Cotto can take a punch.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:56 AM

177 posts, read 367,720 times
I cant wait for this fight.. But i hope mosley would also be one of the next contenders if ever pacman wins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing