Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 10:06 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times

Advertisements

At Staples Center in Los Angeles, WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko (38-2, 37KOs) stopped previously undefeated Chris Arreola (27-1, 24KOs) after ten rounds of action.

Vitali Klitschko Dominates Chris Arreola, TKO in Ten - Boxing News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 10:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
I am really starting to get concerned with boxing, especially the heavyweight division. Boxing is as crooked, corrupt and screwed up as ever. Areola had no business fighting for the Heavyweight Championship of the World. None whatsoever. ZERO. ZILCH.

As much as it pains me to say this, I really think its time for the government (or a few billionaires) to step in and create just ONE boxing organization instead of all of these super corrupt WBC, WBA, IBF, IBO, etc. organizations with underhanded dealings with corrupt promoters who just want to "save" their boxers.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:40 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
I agree, there should only be 1 SANTIONING ORGANIZATION: the WBC.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
This match looked more like a tough man competition than a sanctioned HW title fight. Both fighters were sloppy, awkward, and lacking in skill. Vitali ran around the ring taking pot shots, and Arreola chased him in a circle rather than cut him off with lateral movement. His corner sucks, he needs new trainers and better conditioning. Get himself some therapy too while he's at it, what's with all the bawling in the ring? I know this fight meant a lot to him, but man, don't be sobbing and borderline hysterical while the fans, your family, and all the world is watching. Get a grip!

I'm also tired of HBO analysts hyping fighers and bad fights along the way. Last week I wanted to shoot my television listening to Lampley going on and on about how great Mayweather is, when he was clearly at a huge advantage from the get go. Talked about him as though he was the second coming of Christ simply because they have a vested interest.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:27 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Its like this:

Fighter Promoter: "Hey boxing organization, I want to line up another very safe fight for Vitali, do you have anyone who's paying your sanctioning fees and is safe for my fighter to fight?"
Boxing Org: "I have just the fighter for you, he's current on his dues but hasnt fought in a while. He has a pretty good record but he's never fought outside of Belgium."
Fighter Promoter: "He sounds great, lets see a vid of him."
Boxing Org: "Here is it LiveLeak.com - The slowest guy alive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing