Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 12:39 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In late-2009, Arum called UFC fans "skinhead white guys watching people in the ring who are (sic) also look like skinhead white guys." He also stated that MMA fighters are "guys rolling around like homosexuals on the ground." Earlier in the year, Arum described UFC President Dana White as "nuts" and "a little too much of a loose cannon" for White's use of a gay slur in reference to an MMA reporter.
I agree with Arum...what do you guys think?
Why is it that so many people enjoy MMA more when the fights are always more hype than results and the fighters spend most of the time rolling around the ground with each other?

I personally find it very uncomfortable to watch MMA fights when they roll around on the ground like a couple of lovers. I have nothing against gays (I'm actually a supporter of most gay issues), I just find it uncomfortable and kinda gross to watch MMA fights because of the homoeroticism of them. Then again, I didn't understand why guys who claimed to be straight would like "300", the most gay movie I've ever seen. Who wants to see dudes with digitally enhanced 6-packs in leather undies in slow-motion for 2 hours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 12:49 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
I think this crap between Boxing and UFC (MMA) should stop, it's getting ridiculous.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:51 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
I think this crap between Boxing and UFC (MMA) should stop, it's getting ridiculous.
Yeah, it should. MMA should just go away...it's nothing compared to Boxing. It's like the XFL to the NFL...it's a BS league created in a corporate office in an effort to maximize profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing