U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 07:31 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,677,319 times

Advertisements

Source: Manny Pacquiao signs contract to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on March 13 - ESPN
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 10:54 AM

5,452 posts, read 6,731,980 times
it's about time...

Floyd UD12.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:24 AM

14,323 posts, read 20,495,768 times
I'm a hardcore fan of the sweet science and have no interest in MMA. I like kickboxing though. I don't care for the style of MMA where fights begin with laughable attempts to box, followed by the usual tumble to the ground, where fans are subjected to a glorified wrestling match. I don't care for the wrestling portion, period.

Not threatened by MMA, not calling for its demise, or slamming its promotion, it's just not my cup of tea. I'd watch two unknown club fighters fight in an unknown venue than watch any MMA match.

Two great fighters may be meeting here and I wish them both the best because they both deserve the utmost respect for excelling in this great sport of Boxing. MMA doesn't matter IMO, at least not to this Boxing fan.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:44 AM

14,323 posts, read 20,495,768 times
Default The is a BOXING Forum!

By the way, this is a BOXING forum. There is no place here to talk of MMA. You want to bestow the virtues of MMA, there is another forum for that!

I for one am not interested in comparisons between the two sports. Boxing is the only sport that matters to me here. I wouldn't care if MMA became more popular than the NFL, I'd still focus strictly on the Sweet Science. To hell with MMA.

I find MMA about as distasteful as chewable dessicated liver tablets.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:35 AM

5,452 posts, read 6,731,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I'm a hardcore fan of the sweet science and have no interest in MMA. I like kickboxing though. I don't care for the style of MMA where fights begin with laughable attempts to box, followed by the usual tumble to the ground, where fans are subjected to a glorified wrestling match. I don't care for the wrestling portion, period.

Not threatened by MMA, not calling for its demise, or slamming its promotion, it's just not my cup of tea. I'd watch two unknown club fighters fight in an unknown venue than watch any MMA match.

Two great fighters may be meeting here and I wish them both the best because they both deserve the utmost respect for excelling in this great sport of Boxing. MMA doesn't matter IMO, at least not to this Boxing fan.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:12 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,728,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
By the way, this is a BOXING forum. There is no place here to talk of MMA. You want to bestow the virtues of MMA, there is another forum for that!

I for one am not interested in comparisons between the two sports. Boxing is the only sport that matters to me here. I wouldn't care if MMA became more popular than the NFL, I'd still focus strictly on the Sweet Science. To hell with MMA.

I find MMA about as distasteful as chewable dessicated liver tablets.
You're last two posts summed up my feelings on the matter exactly. I wanted to rep both posts but I can't do that

Hopefully we can put this matter to bed

Old 05-20-2014, 01:02 PM

592 posts, read 716,354 times
Forgot all about Bob Arum presenting pacman with a signed contract...

Old 05-20-2014, 10:27 PM

9,411 posts, read 18,894,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Forgot all about Bob Arum presenting pacman with a signed contract...
You are dredging up a thread from 2009...one in which ESPN got wrong. Good to see you are right on top of the latest developments.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:14 PM

592 posts, read 716,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
You are dredging up a thread from 2009...one in which ESPN got wrong. Good to see you are right on top of the latest developments.
It came up as a similar thread at the bottom of the page. Check out the thread I posted today... I think I'm on top of the latest developments...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing