U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:05 PM

5,516 posts, read 7,099,102 times

Advertisements

''When HBO televised "Pacquiao/Hatton 24/7", it aired footage of Pacquiao taking a routine blood test as part of his pre-fight medical exam. The blood test was conducted approximately 14 days before the fight; it punches holes in Pacquiao's argument that giving blood inside 30 days of a fight negatively impacts his performance.''

Bob Arum willing to get Manny Pacquiao to move on testing - ESPN
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 05:17 PM

3,769 posts, read 4,717,833 times
If your clean take the test Pacman!

Old 12-28-2009, 05:44 PM

14,319 posts, read 21,404,934 times
I still don't think Pacman wants to fight Floyd because he knows that he can't beat Mayweather. Mayweather knows this and figures that the only way that Pacman could surprise him was if he came into the fight juiced. So Floyd requested the extra check. Pacman looking for an out IMO.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:46 PM

8,162 posts, read 14,381,948 times
I heard an interview with Freddy Roach saying that when Manny gives blood,it takes him at least 3 days to bounce back so I don't see the problem.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:19 PM

9,636 posts, read 9,441,356 times
Why does it take Manny 3 days to bounce back

That is another lame excuse.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:22 PM

5,516 posts, read 7,099,102 times
exactly...
just take the damn test before the fight and quit whining...
this will be his biggest pay day (pacquiao) of his career, i'd take this chance if i were him.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:00 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,798,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
exactly...
just take the damn test before the fight and quit whining...
this will be his biggest pay day (pacquiao) of his career, i'd take this chance if i were him.
Suppose he takes the test and they come back positive? He knows he has juiced/jucing so their is no way he can take the tests

I also heard that they are already in talks for Pacquiao to fight Paulie Malignaggi, come one now this is getting crazy

Old 01-02-2010, 10:34 AM

3 posts, read 14,570 times
Why does Floyd Mayweather keep coming up with excuses NOT to fight? Olympic drug style testing? This is professional boxing. The Nevada Commission is the one that determines the testing that will be required from the fighters, not Mayweather. It looks like Mayweather had second thoughts, he must not be confident. Even his uncle Roger Mayweather looked shocked after Pacquiao beat Cotto. Mayweather should just retired. He just lost a chance of a big payday. He won't fight Shane Mosley either, lol.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:19 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,902,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodVeins View Post
Why does Floyd Mayweather keep coming up with excuses NOT to fight? Olympic drug style testing? This is professional boxing. The Nevada Commission is the one that determines the testing that will be required from the fighters, not Mayweather. It looks like Mayweather had second thoughts, he must not be confident. Even his uncle Roger Mayweather looked shocked after Pacquiao beat Cotto. Mayweather should just retired. He just lost a chance of a big payday. He won't fight Shane Mosley either, lol.
The thing is if it wasn't a big deal Manny could have just went ahead and did it just to shut Mayweather up. So to a lot of people including me it looks like Pacuiao is hiding something. Especially for a $30 mil payday

Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 PM

715 posts, read 2,018,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
The thing is if it wasn't a big deal Manny could have just went ahead and did it just to shut Mayweather up. So to a lot of people including me it looks like Pacuiao is hiding something. Especially for a $30 mil payday:smack:
See, thats the difference. Not everyone thinks about the money, especially when you are as established as Manny. What is there for him to prove, especially for the likes of people who only cares what they want to see and hear?

If this is just another Filipino Asian dude, what does the blackman have to worry about being beaten by the likes of Manny?

Innocent until proven guilty, unless you can prove otherwise, like gayweather jnr, you should just ****. Really!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing