Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 11:08 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts in this fight? it seems they are very evenly matched and the experts are picking anyone just yet. I watched Tomasz Adamek's last 3 fights and I hope he wins and I think he will win. His last fight vs Jason Estrada was a great fight with Tomasz wining the fight in a unanimous decision. I know I will be watching!

Tomasz is the best fighter out of Poland and me being Polish I really want Tomasz Adamek to win!

Promoter finalizing Cris Arreola-Tomasz Adamek fight April 24 in Ontario | The Fabulous Forum | Los Angeles Times

YouTube - CHRIS ARREOLA vs TOMASZ ADAMEK (Official Boxing Community Promo)

YouTube - Tomasz Adamek - Piosenka "na wejście" [Funky Polak-Pamiętaj]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 06:37 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Adamek is the smaller of the two, and if he fights a smart fight he can win a UD, he just can't go toe to toe with Arreola. I doubt he's got enough power to knock out Arreola, only way it happens is if Arreola runs out of gas, he'll need to be in shape for this one. Something tells me Chris will underestimate him and show up weighing 270.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:39 AM

Yeah what really worried me was in Adamek's last fight he started slow until rd.3 then was controlling the fight until rd.9 when the round started he looked like he was just dead. He was dominate in rd.8 but in rd.9 looked over matched and tired. I don't know how he could be so fresh and energized 3-8 then a few moments later look so tired and worn down. That worries me.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 PM

We'll looks like it's Tomasz Adamek vs Wladimir Klitschko. Tomasz dominated tonight's fight!!!!

Old 04-25-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Adamek is the smaller of the two, and if he fights a smart fight he can win a UD, he just can't go toe to toe with Arreola. I doubt he's got enough power to knock out Arreola, only way it happens is if Arreola runs out of gas, he'll need to be in shape for this one. Something tells me Chris will underestimate him and show up weighing 270.
Good analysis but wrong. Klitschko bros next!

Old 04-25-2010, 05:09 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,398 times
Let me start by saying I do not like the Adamek/Holyfield comparisons. I heard it through a couple of papers and from a few boxing analysts. Though I agree, Adamek is a great fighter and last night he impressed me ALOT but I am not jumping on the Holyfield comparison because Adamek has not brawled with a Heavynight. Holyfield was insane and would stand in there with anyone, hence his current health condition. We need more evidence before that comparison is made. To me, he is an outstanding boxer.

Last night, Adamek did very well but I think he needs more weight to improve his balance. Adamek was literally pushed across the ring whenever Arreola touched him. I say that because judges could view that as him being hurt. I don't think Arreola ever hurt him but it looked that way with his constant balancing acts. With that said, his timing is perfect because the Heavyweight division is abysmal. We need someone to come in and cleanup, these brothers are clogging up everything.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Good analysis but wrong. Klitschko bros next!
Wrong how? I said I thought Adamek would win by UD so long as he didn't go toe to toe with Arreola, that's pretty much what happened.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:46 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,310 times
Adamek is a beast.
Fatty is just too damn fat to keep up.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:56 PM

I would actually prefer to see Adamek fight Haye. I think they are more evenly matched in terms of size and experience. Should be a good heavyweight match-up. Winner gets a shot at Vladmir.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:37 PM

As far as Adamek goes I think he may have hit his ceiling and I say this as a true Adamek fan for sometime now. I was worried about Estrada, I didn't think he would beat Arreola and now Haye? If he can beat Haye then Tomasz is ready for "the brothers". Klitchko brothers would just embarrass Adamek, I think.

I think Tomasz is top 10 heavyweight and borderline top 5. If he beats Haye he is top 5 but I guess I am just nervous when it comes to these fights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing