U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 08:04 AM

101 posts, read 185,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetoski View Post
As to the vegemite, I can always get it sent over, a little goes a long way.
You got that right! An Aussie friend gave me a small jar of the crap when we lived in Japan. After 8 years, the jar was still almost full.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 04:05 AM

58 posts, read 120,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTC View Post
Glad you liked it here even in a poor snow season-as far as medical insurance, could one of you find a job with coverage?? The hospital is a good place to look for work...my wife runs the medical billing dept and they hire quite frequently.
We had to laugh at your interpretation of a poor season. It was magnificent by Australian standards.

Re. getting insurance via a job, we have our own business and my husband works full time at it, I do bits and pieces. I would love to get some work but I have heard that jobs are scarce, also I am nearly 60 so not a desirable candidate. I was thinking of doing some volunteer work but I doubt whether that would come with insurance. Someone suggested we start a business there and get cover that way.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a health insurance broker in the U.S. like they have life insurance brokers who either charge a fixed fee or a percentage of ongoing premiums.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:42 PM

10 posts, read 22,801 times
As to your insurance question, try checking with Western States Insurance; they have an office located in Bozeman. I'm not sure if they are a "broker," exactly, but my husband used them to gather information regarding different policies and companies before finding a policy to suit our needs.

Also, my husband is self-employed and belongs to the MT state chamber of commerce; we are part of their group insurance policy (you have to pay an annual fee to belong to the chamber to be eligible for the group coverage). I don't know if this would work for you if your business is in Australia, but it might be worth checking out.

The Bozeman schools sometimes have job openings for paraprofessionals and support staff if you have experience with and/or enjoy working with children; insurance can be available that way, but I don't know how the pre-existing conditions would work. Hopefully this is helpful; good luck to you and welcome to MT!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:21 AM

58 posts, read 120,720 times
Thanks for that Redtail. I'll give Western States a call (thank goodness for Skype). Our business is Internet based and my husband is considering starting a local site so we'll definitely check out the chamber of commerce too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman