Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:24 PM

394 posts, read 1,430,270 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend's birthday is Friday and I'd like to take her to somewhere very nice in Bozeman. Doesn't have to be flashy, but I'd like it to have a warm, romantic vibe. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 09:25 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Seems like none of us eat in Boz-town, sorry,
I found this,,,LOL on the first one mentioned.
Bozeman Restaurants - Best Food and Dining in Bozeman, MT - Uptake.com

Hey have a great time, your gal is lucky.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:06 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
I moved away from Bozeman several years ago and don't visit there much now, just drive through on the freeway, but in my youth I made a lot of brownie points with the girls by taking them to the Land of Magic in Logan.
My intel is several years out of date, I don't even know if it is still in business, but it used to be a great place with good food and decent prices. Might be worth checking out.

Good Luck

Edit: I did a web search and it is still in business!!
http://www.ultimatemontana.com/secti...ndofmagic.html

Old 08-23-2011, 12:51 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Nice reply...

Old 08-23-2011, 01:59 PM

19 posts, read 89,426 times
John Bozeman's Bistro. Killer food, great wine, classy atmosphere. Might be spendy, be prepared.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:35 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,001,439 times
Gallatin Gateway Inn is in the small town of Gateway outside Bozeman, but is a very special, historic building, often used for weddings and receptions, and I recommend it for a special romantic dinner.
Welcome to the Gallatin Gateway Inn

Ferraro's, it's quiet, good menu, Italian American family owns it.
Ferraro's Fine Italian Restaurant | Bozeman, Montana | Bozeman's Best Restaurant

Weebee's, very special menu, call ahead and ask for a romantic corner.
Weebees Cafe | Deliciously Different | Incredible Food in a Comfortable, Casual Atmosphere

Santa Fe Reds (Mexican) has an interior open courtyard at N. 7th Ave. Opening another location on main street.
Santa Fe Reds

Ted's Montana Grill in the historic Baxter Hotel on Main St. call ahead and ask for a quiet corner
Ted's Montana Grill (http://www.tedsmontanagrill.com/MTBozeman.html - broken link)

Outback Steakhouse
Bozeman, MT - Bozeman - Outback Steakhouse

Old 08-23-2011, 03:44 PM

For dinner in a really special, historic Montana location, I recommend The Gallatin Gateway Inn (link in my last post).

There is a lot of good food in many places (like land of magic in Logan) but the atmosphere of being in the historic Gateway Inn is very special.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:50 PM

If you go to Ferraro's web site, you'll see that they won the Best of Bozeman for Fine Dining in 2010 and 2011. It's located on North 7th Ave.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:38 PM

684 posts, read 1,150,178 times
We used to go to John Bozeman's Bistro, and liked it very much. However, last time it was terrible. Might have just been an off night.

By far the most consistently great restaurant "in Bozeman" is The Mint Bar in Belgrade. Don't let the downscale name fool you. It is high end in the dining room, and has a very warm atmosphere.

When I'm in Bozeman alone on business I like to go to Ferrarro's. Nice ambiance and very good Italian food.

Wine list is good at all three.

There are others, but I can't remember the names right now. One is a restaurant toward the east end of Main.ear intersection with Rouse Ave. "Morrison's" or something like that; a family name. Also there is a very nice tapas place on a side street. Can't think of the name, but someone from Boz will know.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:05 AM

How did the birthday dinner go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman