Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 05:52 PM

8 posts, read 27,294 times

Advertisements

Thanks, for the info. Well, I guess a good thing is that we still have a while until we have to decide where exactly to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 06:58 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,503,838 times
Preschools-
I believe most if not all Montana college campuses have low cost Child Development Centers for children of students & employees.
Otherwise each community has a variety of preschools from Montessori preschools at about $900 month to free HeadStart preschools for low income families.
Montana has very good public school systems. Some school districts do have preKindergarten classes.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,160,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETWIFE View Post
Well, we're at a point right now where we could basically choose anywhere in the U.S. and we have thought about at least 8 different states. I don't know how we ended up with North Dakota or Montana, but I think the main reason was that Montana (Montana State and University of Montana) and North Dakota (University of North Dakota) have the degrees we are looking for. My husband is pursuing a Space Physics (Astrophysics) degree and even though I am quite open to what type of degree I would like to pursue, I like the Neuroscience option for Montana State and North Dakota has a similar program, but both offer a form of Psychology I am interested in.
The main reason for us choosing these two states is that we've always looked at that area-ish , population is way less than Texas, (although we love Texas don't get me wrong), and as mentioned the Universities are quite intriguing.
UND University of North Dakota is in Grand Forks, N.D. There is no VA hospital here. Fargo N.D. 70 miles south of G.F, has a VA Hospital. I think if you choose Montana you should choose Billings, or Butte. I would suggest that you look up the various colleges, and see which are in the towns listed. Also, look up the VA presence. Outreach means different things in the rural areas....It could be just the occasional onsite facilitator, or a traveling nurse. Not being clear on the medical needs your husband has I would encourage you to do extensive research. Another reason I'd avoid the Eastern half of MT or the Western part of N.D. is the oil related housing or lack of housing issues, and increased population. City Data forum home page has so much information...you can look up each city, anywhere...and there is so much valuable information. Just go to City-Data.Com and type in the search menu any city name. Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

Last edited by JanND; 12-05-2012 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: link

Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,983,069 times
Quote:
From my understanding Veterans rated at 100% are able to get an exemption to property taxes up to a certian amount each year and up to a certain amount of acreage each year. What areas have these punitive taxes? That's interesting, I may have to look into that some more. Thanks.
Veterans, 100% disabled or not, get a major property tax break in Wyoming.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:36 AM

8,086 posts, read 15,118,211 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I know the whole inter-racial couple thing is such a stereotypical question to ask and most of the time very overrated, but I am asking because there have been some instances where it was difficult for us to even walk into a store and purchase something.
The first interracial couple I ever saw was in Bozeman in the mid-1970s. I'd see 'em occasionally at the Albertson's grocery, otherwise I'd have never known they existed, since no one I knew ever said a word about it. Black guy, white gal, evidently happy as clams (always strolling arm in arm).

Anyway, I think that falls under "no one cares"

Last edited by Reziac; 12-10-2012 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: proofread carefully in case you any words out

Old 12-14-2012, 10:35 PM

JanND

Thanks for the info. We've looked at Grand Forks, ND especially because of UND. It offers the Degrees we are looking for. We've looked at the VA Clinics and from our understanding, Grand Forks has a Outpatient Clinic which would be sufficient for my Husband's conditions, considering that we would have to drive about 4-5 hours to a VA hospital where we live at now, 70 miles does not sound that bad.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:37 PM

Reziac

LOL! Yea, I figured that question would be a bit overrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman