Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 AM

3 posts, read 13,912 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to bozeman in about a week, i already have a job lined up and a place to stay. I don't know anyone in the area, and all the guys i'll be working with are married. Anyone have any suggestions for adjusting to the town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 02:10 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,743,460 times
I'm not sure what your looking for? Are you thinking about wanting to start dating or just curious about adapting? I'm assuming your a women but can't really tell from your post....

It's still winter there so you'll want to make to have good tires on your car and bring appropriate clothes to handle the snow and cold. It will snow off-and-on clear until middle May (every year it seems to snow in May several times, but it doesn't stay for long). You'll want to have sunscreen for the summer because it will get hot and sunny. As far as everything else, you'll do fine.

There's lots of men in Bozeman (at least I thought there was a lot of competition in college) so it shouldn't be too hard to meet one or two (if your a women) or it will be relatively slim pickings (if your a guy).

Good luck!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:27 PM

3 posts, read 13,912 times
i'm a guy relocating, i mentioned that all the guys i'll be working with are married b/c i assume that means they'll be on a short leash. i'm just looking for some ways to get involved in things around bozeman to meet people, football, basketball leagues, etc. so its slim pickings as far as ladies go? it seemed like i saw a lot of them when i went up to interview...

Old 03-05-2008, 04:27 PM

30 posts, read 135,399 times
you from SC/NC or? Direct Message me...I am moving from the Carolinas to Bozeman in a few weeks...

Old 03-05-2008, 05:41 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,743,460 times
Default women in Bozeman

Ten things you need to do in Bozeman:

- Spend a night in a forest service cabin (they rent them, contact the ranger district for more info, they book up months in advance)

- Hike or bike to Mystic Lake

- Ride the Gallagator Trail and hike to Peet's Hill (neither are impressive as far as outdoorsy goes, but everyone goes there)

- Hike to the 'M'

- Ride your bike to Hyalite resevoir

- Take a weekend trip to Yellowstone National Park

- Go snowmobiling in Cooke City, WY (just outside of Yellowstone)

- Soak out your stresses at Bozeman Hot Springs or Chico Hot Springs

- Tour MSU Campus - it's a college town and you'll want to know your way around the campus

- Ski at Bridger Bowl

Have fun! It's a great place to live and there's lot to do there.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:47 AM

13 posts, read 27,208 times
Bozeman is roughly 53/47 male-to-female... quite typical and even... so don't mind the guy stating slim pickin's... maybe for him The popularion is young because of the college, so that's superb since you are single. In downtown Bozeman, there is plenty of nightlife for the size of the town, if that is your thing. Recreationally, outdoors, as the previous poster made clear, there is no shortfall of options. For sports, there is a great gym called The Ridge that has plenty of people like you as members, but there are other options as well that arent as costly. Lots of rec leagues around town. For jobs, tech is booming, so if you have a background in that area you should have no problem finding a job. Hope you enjoy Bozeman... it is a beautiful place to live... hope to see you around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman