U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 09:19 PM

233 posts, read 487,152 times

Advertisements

We made the right decision. We love this town and all it has to offer.

I am very appreciative to all the advice and info freely shared on this forum. It has been quite a while since I have been on and I just sent this link to a friend who is looking at a Montana move. I guess that prompted me to get back on here.

Thanks for everyone's help, our move has been a success and we are very happy!

Geo
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 12:10 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,117,272 times
Geo -

Thanks for posting. I am happy things are working out for you.

Can you tell us a little about year round weather?

Old 09-25-2015, 08:44 PM

233 posts, read 487,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
Geo -

Thanks for posting. I am happy things are working out for you.

Can you tell us a little about year round weather?
Growing up in the Midwest and spending a lot of time in the south, the humidity is the kicker (for us).

We prefer cooler weather overall. The winters, in my opinion, are far better than Iowa/Illinois/Nebraska. Again because of low humidity. A few, or a dozen below zero days is no different than the Midwest. I broom the snow from my drive as opposed to a two-stage snow thrower. We hike,snowshoe, ski, hunt, fish, and get out in the colder weather, so I am quite happy in Bozeman. Great Falls and Havre (hi line) are much windier, so I can't speak for their winters. I imagine a bit like Bismark.

Late July/August gets hot, and with the elevation and UV levels, 80's feel hot, 90 are hot. Great time to spend in the mountains and mountain trout streams.

Fall is great. Love the lows in the 40's, highs in the 60's/70. Sunsets are stunning as is the changing foliage along the rivers.

Spring is beautiful green and the only battle is letting the rivers "blow out" while waiting to get some fishing in and the snows to lessen for mountain hikes and camping.

Again, I prefer Bozeman winters over Midwest winters although the latitude creates some shorter days. February is for flights to the beach and points further south to escape the short days.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:03 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,117,272 times
Geo - Many thanks for getting back to me. Sounds like a very nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman