U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 02:24 PM

9 posts, read 33,285 times

Advertisements

Timberwolf 232,
Sorry for the abbreviated response above, we got a call and had to run out quickly and my girlfriend hit the submit button! To answer your question, I hope that we can contribute quite a bit. As mentioned above I am a Physical Therapist and take pride in treating folks within a small united community where I have the opportunity to see my patients often in the course of our normal lives, and also to be on the recieving or consuming end of whatever craft or service they offer. It is a great desire of mine to be in a community where we assist each other with the skills that we have thus enabling us to do without the services of large corporations or huge cities in order to get by. Down here in Florida where we currently reside my girlfriend and I volunteer for the local food co-op and work at a family owned restaurant. I intend to bring the skills of coordinating small businesses together to serve eachothers needs to the Bozeman area through volunteering at the co-op and hopefully working with the local farmers. Without getting to long winded here, I believe my family and I bring a true commitment to maintaining and if possible even bettering the quality of life in Bozeman through participating in all things local and being political if need be to prevent outside forces from causing great damages as they have done in far too many areas!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 08:36 PM

1,219 posts, read 2,933,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorsie32 View Post
Timberwolf 232,
Sorry for the abbreviated response above, we got a call and had to run out quickly and my girlfriend hit the submit button! To answer your question, I hope that we can contribute quite a bit. As mentioned above I am a Physical Therapist and take pride in treating folks within a small united community where I have the opportunity to see my patients often in the course of our normal lives, and also to be on the recieving or consuming end of whatever craft or service they offer. It is a great desire of mine to be in a community where we assist each other with the skills that we have thus enabling us to do without the services of large corporations or huge cities in order to get by. Down here in Florida where we currently reside my girlfriend and I volunteer for the local food co-op and work at a family owned restaurant. I intend to bring the skills of coordinating small businesses together to serve eachothers needs to the Bozeman area through volunteering at the co-op and hopefully working with the local farmers. Without getting to long winded here, I believe my family and I bring a true commitment to maintaining and if possible even bettering the quality of life in Bozeman through participating in all things local and being political if need be to prevent outside forces from causing great damages as they have done in far too many areas!
Sounds like you two have a good attitude.

Sorry if my earlier statement sounded harsh. I was tired and grouchy! Best of luck to you and your girlfriend.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:34 PM

7,829 posts, read 13,445,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
Sounds like you two have a good attitude.

Sorry if my earlier statement sounded harsh. I was tired and grouchy! Best of luck to you and your girlfriend.
Oh, it can't be worse than my first thought when I saw the thread title...

"Is Bozeman Hippy Friendly?"

And me thinking, "I hope not."

Tho in fact, it always had a few regular hippies, real 1960s-style pot-smokin' hippies, living in the older parts of town. And the original poster is gonna have to get much lazier and less productive if he wants to be known as a self-respecting hippy.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:17 PM

1,219 posts, read 2,933,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Oh, it can't be worse than my first thought when I saw the thread title...

"Is Bozeman Hippy Friendly?"

And me thinking, "I hope not."

Tho in fact, it always had a few regular hippies, real 1960s-style pot-smokin' hippies, living in the older parts of town. And the original poster is gonna have to get much lazier and less productive if he wants to be known as a self-respecting hippy.
Haha... they (the OP) seem like nice folk. I think the term "hippie" has changed throughout the years.

My wife likes to call herself a hippy, but she is nothing like the hippies that sit around, smoke pot and complain about the man and the fact that they have no money for more weed! (because oops, they forgot to go to work!) She's the left side balance for my evil conservative ways.. (Being a vet, working with the govt, not wanting my taxes raised to take care of the lazy and addicted, plus liking to hunt and fish as often as possible.) So together we walk a pretty straight line.

Most of the Bozeman "Hippies" are now kids with inheritances that don't think much of money, because they have always had it. It's nice to see people willing to chip in at the co-op that actually have jobs.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:58 PM

7,829 posts, read 13,445,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
Haha... they (the OP) seem like nice folk. I think the term "hippie" has changed throughout the years.

My wife likes to call herself a hippy, but she is nothing like the hippies that sit around, smoke pot and complain about the man and the fact that they have no money for more weed! (because oops, they forgot to go to work!) She's the left side balance for my evil conservative ways.. (Being a vet, working with the govt, not wanting my taxes raised to take care of the lazy and addicted, plus liking to hunt and fish as often as possible.) So together we walk a pretty straight line.

Most of the Bozeman "Hippies" are now kids with inheritances that don't think much of money, because they have always had it. It's nice to see people willing to chip in at the co-op that actually have jobs.
Yeah, in fact I hadn't heard the word hippy in so long that when I saw the thread title, I'm like WTF? where'd they come from, Woodstock?

Sounds like "hippy" now means "trust fund baby" (tho in fact that's what a great many of the classic hippies were). Some are nice folks but most of the ones I've met have been liberal wackos, precisely because they've never HAD to work for anything, and worse, have never had to be responsible to anyone. (That's why the British Royal Family sends their sons to the military for a while -- so they learn how life really works, willy-nilly.)

The OPs do sound far too nice and helpful. We need to help 'em find a better self-label.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:52 AM

22,973 posts, read 24,177,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Yeah, in fact I hadn't heard the word hippy in so long that when I saw the thread title, I'm like WTF? where'd they come from, Woodstock?

Sounds like "hippy" now means "trust fund baby" (tho in fact that's what a great many of the classic hippies were). Some are nice folks but most of the ones I've met have been liberal wackos, precisely because they've never HAD to work for anything, and worse, have never had to be responsible to anyone. (That's why the British Royal Family sends their sons to the military for a while -- so they learn how life really works, willy-nilly.)

The OPs do sound far too nice and helpful. We need to help 'em find a better self-label.
"Free spirits"???

Old 07-18-2008, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,335 times
Default A Tale of Two Cities

The two big college towns in Montana are Bozeman and Missoula and I've lived in both. The U of M in Missoula is more of a liberal arts university, whereas MSU in Bozeman leans toward the sciences--agriculture, etc. So there's a different flavor to each town. Missoula is the "San Francisco" of Montana, full of artsy, hippy-type establishments and activities. Bozeman is more conservative, but still more bohemian than other Montana cities. I love both cities, but my rebellious nature tilts me toward Missoula.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:49 PM
ck5

8 posts, read 49,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
you dont need rich parents...

you need rich parents OR a skill that allows you to make good money in Bozeman.
Fortunantly, i have one of those skills. I don't like Bozeman..theres just not enough here to make me happy. MSU campus and the surrounding neighborhoods are the best thing about Bozeman....AND HYALITE CANYON....to many trailer parks in the middle of town and plenty of dip**** locals. Prepare for 9 months of winter and 3 months of visitors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman