Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 AM

540 posts, read 1,910,587 times

Advertisements

I caught this headline on Yahoo. What happened there in Bozeman? Can anyone report?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 5,549 times
[url=http://mtpundit.com/2009/03/05/breaking-explosion-in-bozeman/]BREAKING: Explosion in Bozeman | MT Pundit[/url] Resturant pilot light out overnight, explosion this am. See above picture.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:33 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,127,527 times
JUST heard this. I hope it's not another terrorist attack.

I used to live in Great Falls and I visited Bozeman about 10 years ago.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 5,262 times
Gas line exploded destroying 3 businesses, including Boodle's and the Rockin R Bar. Ensuing fire has consumed much of the block.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:06 PM

989 posts, read 3,526,527 times
Was anyone hurt?

Old 03-05-2009, 12:16 PM

2 posts, read 10,332 times
At 8:12 AM there was a huge explosion originating in the Boodles restaurant on Main St. in downtown Bozeman. Originally they stated that it was caused by a gas leak but now they are saying that has not been confirmed. The risk since the gas line has not been able to be shut off is still there and they have not been able to go into the buildings to determine if there are any casualties.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 10,332 times
Right now they are allowing the fire to continue to burn until they get the gas line shut off. The explosion was said to have been felt for miles. Residents within blocks of the explosion reported that it, "sounded like a huge piece of furniture fell over." Windows were blown out in businesses even two blocks away. Still unsure of when they will be able to go in and search for casualties in the debree.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 5,071 times
Check out photos of the damage at http://tinyurl.com/bc62u5 (broken link)

Old 03-05-2009, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 4,971 times
Last I heard, a local radio station was reporting 1 unconfirmed death as a result of this explosion. I headed down there a couple of hours ago to take pictures, but it's blocked off about 5 blocks down east and west, and 2-3 bocks north and south. I managed to get a few good shots in anyway. There is debris everywhere for blocks in every direction and entire storefront windows were blown out 5 blocks away. I've heard conflicting reports on why they haven't shut the gas off yet. I tried to ask one of the officers down there some questions, but as you can imagine...they aren't talking. One of the local radio stations here even reported that they were aware of the gas leak as far back as last night, due to some people walking by the building who reported it. The entire downtown area is pretty small...and as far as I could tell, every single business has been shut down and evacuated. They are saying that every single business down there is going to have to be inspected before they will be allowed to reopen. I can't imagine how silent this town will be for awhile!

Old 03-05-2009, 01:45 PM

3 posts, read 8,461 times
ok there is going to be another press release at 2 local time... i live an hr away and have the radio and tv on... its on CNN and fox... here is the AP release from noon.... ill update ya all come 2...

Explosion destroys businesses in Bozeman, Mont.
2 hours ago
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) — An explosion in downtown Bozeman, Mont., has collapsed three buildings and prompted the evacuation of a two-block area.
Authorities say they don't know whether anyone was hurt in Thursday morning's blast. But a spokeswoman for the main medical facility in the city of about 38,000 says no victims of the explosion had been admitted there.
KBZK-TV says a restaurant and bar was destroyed and another bar was heavily damaged.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle says officials were investigating the possibility that a natural gas leak caused the explosion.
Crews were working to extinguish a fire caused by the blast.
Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Last edited by scranch287; 03-05-2009 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: forgot to add article
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman