U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,298 times

Advertisements

My family wishes to relocate to the Livingston/bozeman area in the near future. One of my daughters recently moved there and loves it there. What kind of work is in the area? I have been a manager in the fast food biz for 12 years, but am more than willing to expand my horizons on the job front. I have been looking for a rental as well, but have not had any luck there either. Any suggestions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 09:28 AM

89 posts, read 304,390 times
Default Livingston

I lived in Livingston for two years. Expect very little pay for any job if you can get one. It's a beautiful part of the state. I was in Yellowstone almost every weekend fishing, photographing, hiking etc. All around Livingston is great fishing. The paradise valley south of town is awesome. You can go hiking in the crazy mountains nearby and not see another person all day long. The only problems I had with living there was lack of money. Expect a lot of wind in the winter. 100mph wind is not uncommon there. Bozeman is nice, but very expensive now.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:21 PM

6,023 posts, read 12,851,388 times
Expect a lot of wind in the summer also. I chased my favorite hat for a long ways once there at a gun show. It blew about 1/4 mile until it hit a fence. The hat wasn't worth the effort but the exercise was !

Old 03-28-2009, 08:55 AM

369 posts, read 1,364,746 times
Livingston is my home town, but after retiring from the Military I chose not to go back there to live. We did have a summer place there but recently sold it. Jobs are mainly service industry ones; they have a McDonalds, Arby's and I think that's it. The wind is a real distraction; blows all the time. Lots of homes for sale so if you can afford to buy the time is right.

The town has morphed from a railroad center, now largely gone, to a panapoly of galleries and beautiques, a bunch of bars, a Pamida, Albertsons and the Country Market. It used to be a self-contained town, but now most folks go to Bozeman to shop. Hollywood types spend time and money there and the Western flavor is disappearing. Nice scenery but you can't eat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman