U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 07:51 AM

9 posts, read 18,717 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any recent updates on the Bozeman real estate market? Are houses moving? Are prices still way to high?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 11:06 AM

110 posts, read 299,112 times
Houses are not moving- Prices are still way too high. Bozeman is probably the worst in the state followed closely by the Flathead, as far as "over-priced" goes. Prices need to drop by 25-35% in order to bring some kind of balance to the market. You will still find that some places are selling, but there are a lot of starving realtors out there! Good luck

Old 06-18-2009, 08:35 AM

6 posts, read 12,946 times
Anthonyr -- are you able to give me a heads up please as to the possible better places of town to live, interested in a nicer section of town to lease 1-2 years to get a feel for the area. Or, is there a bit of everything, everywhere?

Old 06-27-2009, 11:22 PM

4 posts, read 9,247 times
If you're looking to buy a house in Bozeman, all I can say is GOOD LUCK! House prices are still double, if not TRIPLE what they should be. Anything at the lower end, say, around $175,000, will probably not be what you want... if you can even find anything that cheap. There are some manufactured homes around 150,000 if you willing to over-pay for that sort of thing. I live in Belgrade which is about 15-30 minutes to various parts of Bozeman. The houses in Belgrade are slightly cheaper compared to Bozeman. There are some on the market right now for less than $150,000. I honestly like living a little bit away from busy Bozeman. Bozeman is pretty small, but it's a happenin' place and I like things a bit quieter. If you really insist on living in the city of Bozeman, the closer you live to the university, the most expensive it will get. Houses downtown, such as near the library and such, will cost significantly more than those on the edges of town. Some potentially cheaper areas to look may be Bear Creek Rd. area, the town of Belgrade, the town of Gallatin Gateway, the Four Corners area as well as the town of Amsterdam-Churchhill. In Belgrade there is the River Rock subdivision which I have heard is really affordable as well as the houses in neighboring areas. Again... good luck!

Old 06-28-2009, 02:08 PM

7,914 posts, read 13,766,725 times
In the past couple months there've been a few places up in Pizzy Pines (north of Three Forks) listed at $75k and up. Some are imaginative trailer+shack arrangements, but one is a brand new unfinished 5 bedroom house, I think it's down to something like $149k (half what it was originally listed at, last year). There are some off-grid 10-acre lots up there for $17k and up, too.

Tho my realtor dude says the road up there is an adventure in muffler-shopping ... in bad weather it might be 40 minutes just to get to the freeway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman