U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Brendansport, Sagitta IV
7,842 posts, read 13,478,375 times
Reputation: 3386

Advertisements

Headcount I could see -- but for that you hand out tickets as people are on their way INTO the venue, and they get to KEEP them as keepsakes. You don't do it in advance (collecting the tickets at the door), as a way of restricting who can come in!

Ya know, we've got this whole generation terrified of the bogeyman getting their kids, but the fact is crime is down and kids are safer today than they've ever been before -- but that doesn't make good news coverage, so every little thing gets blown out of proportion, since news is about collecting YOUR eyeballs to sell to THEIR advertisers. Two generations ago, the average kid roamed up to 8 miles from home. One generation ago that was down to a mile. Now it's down to just 300 yards. That speaks very poorly of how well parents are preparing their kids for an independent life of their own.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2009, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Brendansport, Sagitta IV
7,842 posts, read 13,478,375 times
Reputation: 3386
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
I really love planes, did you see this post I happen to catch today?
Oregon Coast Pictures I took Awhile Ago. Very Very Nice
Go to post 2 Beautiful!
It was in the new post notice, I hardly ever go over to Oregon Forum anymore, the Portland mayor thing is beyond belief, glad I am not paying his wage anymore.

Any way your politics go there is a real measure of pride I think you would feel seeing AF One in person.
Yep... my country no matter who's leading the parade.

Nice pictures of the old bomber. Didn't realise there were just 10 left (presumably that means in flying condition, there are tons in the boneyards). End of an era...

We have an open-air stealth plane museum here, next door to Lockheed's test facility -- I should go take some pics someday, but seems I never get by there unless it's 110 degrees out. Some nifty aircraft including a couple one of a kind test models.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 02:25 PM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,258 posts, read 13,511,576 times
Reputation: 3437
True, but I have to admit that it is not a problem here in EM.
Kids roam around, Gals I work with say, why I can't lock the house, what if someone broke down and had to get out of the weather! Oh Lord, it took me some time to calm down.
Here is a little diddy about AF One.
Ignore the right side, I did
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 02:26 PM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,258 posts, read 13,511,576 times
Reputation: 3437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Yep... my country no matter who's leading the parade.

Nice pictures of the old bomber. Didn't realise there were just 10 left (presumably that means in flying condition, there are tons in the boneyards). End of an era...

We have an open-air stealth plane museum here, next door to Lockheed's test facility -- I should go take some pics someday, but seems I never get by there unless it's 110 degrees out. Some nifty aircraft including a couple one of a kind test models.
Nothing from Area 51
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Brendansport, Sagitta IV
7,842 posts, read 13,478,375 times
Reputation: 3386
Well, that's cuz EM is populated by grow'd-ups, not nanny-babies still in their gov't-issue nappies

My house in Bozeman only had a skeleton key lock... access to the basement was in the kitchen floor right inside the door. Every so often we'd come home in the dark and fall into the basement... cuz the meter reader had been there and left the trap door open!!

I have friends in Granada Hills who leave their house open. Couple times I've gotten stuck down there and it's nice to know I can just go to their house and stay til the road reopens. They've never had a problem with it, even tho it's part of Los Angeles! Another friend a couple miles from them had to install bars on his windows, neighbourhood looks the same but gets a whole different level of lowlife.

What is this I should ignore the right side of??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Brendansport, Sagitta IV
7,842 posts, read 13,478,375 times
Reputation: 3386
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Nothing from Area 51
Haha, nope, no little green men

(When I was DJing, I'd sometimes play a song called "Nasty Little Green Men"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 02:46 PM
 
3,511 posts, read 3,487,216 times
Reputation: 1357
i wonder if there will be any death to obama, michelle, and his 2 kids sign like there was at the maryland town hall.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 06:26 PM
 
Location: NW Montana
6,258 posts, read 13,511,576 times
Reputation: 3437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Well, that's cuz EM is populated by grow'd-ups, not nanny-babies still in their gov't-issue nappies

My house in Bozeman only had a skeleton key lock... access to the basement was in the kitchen floor right inside the door. Every so often we'd come home in the dark and fall into the basement... cuz the meter reader had been there and left the trap door open!!

I have friends in Granada Hills who leave their house open. Couple times I've gotten stuck down there and it's nice to know I can just go to their house and stay til the road reopens. They've never had a problem with it, even tho it's part of Los Angeles! Another friend a couple miles from them had to install bars on his windows, neighbourhood looks the same but gets a whole different level of lowlife.

What is this I should ignore the right side of??
I did not get this copy on
Air Force One

Interesting info, lots of fluff on the right side of the page.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 06:48 PM
 
9,341 posts, read 27,024,834 times
Reputation: 4523
Default Ted's Montana Grill offering $10 'Barack Obama Burger'

According to the AP (http://tinyurl.com/nqpdsg - broken link), "A downtown Bozeman restaurant* is offering a $10 "Barack Obama Burger" Friday in honor of the president’s visit to the area."


* Ted's Montana Grill, owned by CNN founder Ted Turner, who owns 52 Ted’s Montana Grill restaurants around the country.
.
.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 PM
 
Location: Brendansport, Sagitta IV
7,842 posts, read 13,478,375 times
Reputation: 3386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
According to the AP (http://tinyurl.com/nqpdsg - broken link), "A downtown Bozeman restaurant* is offering a $10 "Barack Obama Burger" Friday in honor of the president’s visit to the area."
Is it made with real Barack Obamas??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top