U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:34 PM

286 posts, read 615,226 times

Advertisements

I travel constantly,when not home in Phoenix or Pittsburgh,so I have stayed in Bozeman several times and it was better in the early 90's...not as crowded.Growth is death for this lovely area.
Oh,an earlier poster mentioned alot of clear blue sky during winter months in Bozeman? Hmm.I spent a year there once and clear blue skies?I don't know.Good luck though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,422 times
You sound like the kind of guy we would love to have move here! (Not a California/Hollywood type) and I think you would like it here. MSU is a great university and it's presence means that the population of the area is varied and intelligent - you can always find a niche of like minded people to hang out with. The outdoor amenities here are top-notch and mostly free ( except for skiing) Lot's of trails in town, hiking, camping, floating, climbing, hunting and fishing of every kind from kid's stuff to world class fly fishing. We have Shakespeare in the Parks headquartered here. InterMountain Opera puts on performances once or twice a year with top name singers. We have a beautiful historic downtown and breathtaking scenery - Mountains on view from anywhere in town. All of this and the best summer weather imaginable, makes the winters bearable even for a UK transplant like myself.
Housing is expensive although now is a great time to buy if you can pull it off. Buying in an outlying community and commuting is definitely an option. Check out Belgrade, Livingston, Three Forks, Churchill, Manhatten. Good Luck!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 PM

1,219 posts, read 2,941,723 times
Not to mention if your wife left you for moving to Bozeman, just remember it is a college town and the views get better and better as the weather starts to warm up if you know what I mean..

Old 03-02-2011, 04:55 PM

7,854 posts, read 13,506,450 times
Well, so long as you don't go down by the Whale Beach, backside of the Towers...!!

Old 03-02-2011, 06:06 PM

451 posts, read 900,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
Not to mention if your wife left you for moving to Bozeman, just remember it is a college town and the views get better and better as the weather starts to warm up if you know what I mean..
D'ya suppose that is what BritAnn meant in her post when she mentioned "breath-taking scenery"?

Of course, in my condition, it wouldn't require a whole lot to take away my breath.

mg

Old 03-02-2011, 09:13 PM

9,986 posts, read 12,477,587 times
Haha! Good to see this old thread is still kicking. Didn't get that position at MSU. Drat! I do love the Montana forum humor though! Howdy to all of you!

Old 03-02-2011, 10:18 PM

7,854 posts, read 13,506,450 times
Well howdy Fiddlehead, long time no read! Sorry y'all missed that job... but ... Come see us on the Porch anyway. ElkHunter will have coffee up bright and early. He uses it as bait.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:47 PM

9,986 posts, read 12,477,587 times
Yep, chasing academic jobs seems to be like trying to catch flies with chopsticks. Hones the mind and lowers the expectations. That said, I may have to come over in the warm season sometime and take in some of that Bozeman "scenery!"

Old 03-10-2011, 08:28 PM

9,826 posts, read 9,580,841 times
just go to realtor dot com and choose Bozeman and what you want.

Here are the homes from just under 200K. to $250,000 listed from low to high for Bozeman being currently listed by Realtors.

Real Estate in Bozeman, MT - Homes and Real Estate for Sale - Realtor.comĀ® (http://tinyurl.com/4ek96ym - broken link)

Old 04-24-2011, 01:54 AM

406 posts, read 1,267,140 times
Since I have been in Montana, after ten years, I've seen a but of a change with the weather. Apparently we've been coming out of a ten year drought. Now the winters and springs have been moist, and there have been record snowfalls.

Either way, I grow Japanese Maples in my front yard in Bozeman. I didn't cover them for the winter, and they were no more than 2 years old. They seem fine, even though they were buried under snow all winter. A few dead twigs broken of, and some new buds are forming slowly, even after the 6" we just got. Tough little trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman