Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 07:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,095 times

Advertisements

Much advice needed! My fiancé & I are in our late 30s/early 40s & are strongly considering a move to Bozeman. We have recently lived in Denver for 11 months, but the job we moved out there for fell thru. We came "home" to be closer to our families thru this difficult time, but we both are not happy here & want to go back out west. My fiancé has vacationed several times in Montana, really liking the Bozeman area, & we think that might be a good fit. Question - what is the cost of living truly like in Bozeman? We've looked at many comparison calculators, some saying there's not much of a difference between say the Asheville area & Bozeman, then we find others that the cost of living in Bozeman is much more… Is Bozeman more comparable to Denver? For example where we live now, average rent is about $900/mo...We've looked at the cost of living comparison calculators & don't always find those too accurate (just had one tell me that $50,000 in Asheville, NC is equal to $48,000 in Denver & I know first hand that's WAY off). Is it possible to be able to make an ok living without needing 2 or 3 jobs just to pay rent? What is "reasonable" for that area, rent & wages? Nothing I'm going to hold someone too, but we would love to hear from anyone about their experiences as well as those that are from that area & what they see as people do move into their area. I will say we are not concerned as far as weather or snow - we both ski so the more snow the better - we have not only the clothing to keep us warm, but the right vehicles to get around… thanks all in advance!

Last edited by jjw_1975; 01-30-2014 at 08:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 11:09 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,529,018 times
We have several friends from Denver that have places and spend parts of each summer in Montana. One has a house in Bozeman. They all say Montana is more expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman