U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 10:02 AM

4 posts, read 15,102 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are thinking of visiting Bozeman around the first of March and were wonding if someone could tell us how the skiing was in Bridger Bowl for beginners.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 03:22 PM

6,023 posts, read 12,914,616 times
I've never skied there but here is the link to their website. It looks like a fantastic ski mountain for advanced and intermediate skiers but I have no doubt that a beginner would have a lot of fun there.
I would recommend a beginners package that includes skis, poles boots a lift ticket for the easy runs and a professional lesson. They are typically a half day of group instruction and the rest of the day on your own or with friends. Also remember that if your not falling you're not learning !

Bridger Bowl - Montana Ski Resort

Old 01-21-2010, 10:13 PM

7,925 posts, read 13,821,316 times
My sister and her husband both learned to ski there (albeit back around 1980ish). I gather they had a beginner-friendly program, with both easy slopes and instructors if you want them (probably a good idea). Probably hasn't changed much in that regard.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:34 AM

355 posts, read 1,070,981 times
I spent many years working at Bridger and still ski there quite a bit. The Alpine/Powder Park side of the mountain is all beginner-intermediate terrain and has a lot of both wide open and gently sloping areas for folks to get a good start. That side of the mountain is served by a quad and a double so you get experience with both kinds of lifts.

Directly off the base area you'll also find the Virginia City lift. This services the lower mountain and all the terrain off it is for beginners, too. Most adults will find a run or two off of it sufficient before they're ready to head over to the Alpine side.

I helped quite a few people learn to ski up there, and depending on your available $$ on vacation and how you like to learn, I always encourage people to buy an hour or two of time with a PSIA instructor; it's amazing how much you can learn in that time when you have someone who can assess your ability level and get you pointed in the right direction. Easier to learn the right way now than try and unlearn bad habits later.

Enjoy your stay, hopefully we get the storm track in line to build snowpack. March is usually a great time to ski...

Old 01-22-2010, 08:11 AM

475 posts, read 1,399,089 times
My daughter just moved to Bozeman last week, on Sunday we drove to Bridger Ski Resort, it was jammed with people of all ages. They had a children's beginner area for "Snow Flakes" - the snow boarders were out in force along with the skiers.

There were entire families from the iddy bitties to older more mature skiers. Everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time.

Not being a skier, I can't attest to anything beyond the fact that it was an easy 20 minute drive from Bozeman on good roads.

Have fun

Old 01-22-2010, 09:39 AM

1,219 posts, read 2,983,213 times
There is skiing for the whole family in the winter, and good hiking in the summer. I do some work on top of the ridge and this guy came up to say hi last summer.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:51 AM

8,536 posts, read 6,848,073 times
WOW ~~ that is a beautiful scene.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:19 PM

4 posts, read 15,102 times
Default Thanks

I just wanted to say thank you all very much for the great info and the great picture!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman