Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 02:47 PM

90 posts, read 409,602 times

Advertisements

I have been looking closely at the Melbourne area on the east coast and it looks like a very nice place.

However, I'm noticing that most of the colleges in that area seemed to be geared towards sciences, aviation, and space research.

I am wanting to study graphic design/audio and music composition/art. So, basically, I am more into the arts and entertainment industry and was wondering: does Melbourne have any colleges that offer such degree programs?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 04:22 PM

18,090 posts, read 11,708,913 times
Here is a website to look over -
Melbourne, Florida (FL) Colleges and Universities

Old 07-07-2010, 04:23 PM

18,090 posts, read 11,708,913 times
You plan to commune from Orlando to Melbourne? That must be an hour or so drive each way? I'm not sure.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:15 AM

90 posts, read 409,602 times
Thanks 2goldens. No, I'm not planning to commute from Orlando to Melbourne. I am currently looking at both areas and Orlando seems like the winner because it has colleges that are more dedicated to the arts and entertainment field whereas Melbourne seems to be geared towards more aviation and space technologies.

I prefer Melbourne as a location because it is closer to the beach and if anyone knows of a college in Melbourne that is more focused on arts/entertainment that would be great! Like, if they offer degrees in graphic design, website design, art, music composition, etc please let me know as I would appreciate it.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:53 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,712,533 times
I really would go with Orlando and then take as many internships as you could wrangle in the area. If you want to make a living in a creative field, you need to be networked like heck to get your foot in the door, and there are a lot more options for that kind of thing in Orlando than a lot of other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
View detailed profiles of: