Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2010, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 11,145 times

Advertisements

Hello my name is yailyn and I am going to be relocating to somewhere around Titusville,Fl. Merritt Island,Fl. Melbourne,Fl. Cocoa Beach,Fl. or somewhere around there.
I am looking into relocating from miami. I love miami. I've lived here for 21 years and I've had the time of my life. but now I have three small children. Age 11 months, 3 years old and a 4 year old. I wanted to move to orlando but I want to live close to the Beach and still be in good driving distance from Disney parks. I have looked into the info for Titusville and see it as a good prospect. but I want more info. I am also considering Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach, Melbourne, Satellite Beach and so on. I need to probably be as close to orlando as possible since my boyfriend is most likely going to work there. I already have an agency that is helping with the employment aspect of moving. I'm planning to move between Feb-Apr. 2011. any advice would be good I already saw a couple of apartments on the internet (Two bedroom one and half furnished condo,including linen and china.Small quiet building. Situated on beautiful Ormond by the Sea,few minutes from Daytona.Close to shops,restaurants and the beach is right across the street.Parking space is at the door.Water and cable included in rent .Thirty minutes from Orlando and historic St.Augustine.Short lease possible .Small pet okay. for 800 a month. 1510 Ocean Shore Blvd, Ormond by the Sea, Fl 32176 ) saw the pictures and it looks pretty good. that's only one; I've seen many and they are at good prices. It's not a mansion but it is in walking distance to the Beach. I don't need to be on the beach or across the street from the beach but at least only a couple of blocks away so at least we can walk to the beach in the summer. I just don't know the streets and so don't know how close to orlando that is. I want to be in walking distance to the beach since in the summer we go to the beach so much. I can afford to pay more but it just looks good for that amount of money. Miami it's way more money for a two bedroom with the beach across the street. I saw other apartments as well a little tiny bit more money but still with the beach across the street. Please someone help I need to know what's safe and what schools are good since my oldest is starting school next year. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 05:57 AM

26,811 posts, read 43,277,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YailynTrenhs View Post
Hello my name is yailyn and I am going to be relocating to somewhere around Titusville,Fl. Merritt Island,Fl. Melbourne,Fl. Cocoa Beach,Fl. or somewhere around there.
I am looking into relocating from miami. I love miami. I've lived here for 21 years and I've had the time of my life. but now I have three small children. Age 11 months, 3 years old and a 4 year old. I wanted to move to orlando but I want to live close to the Beach and still be in good driving distance from Disney parks. I have looked into the info for Titusville and see it as a good prospect. but I want more info. I am also considering Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach, Melbourne, Satellite Beach and so on. I need to probably be as close to orlando as possible since my boyfriend is most likely going to work there. I already have an agency that is helping with the employment aspect of moving. I'm planning to move between Feb-Apr. 2011. any advice would be good I already saw a couple of apartments on the internet (Two bedroom one and half furnished condo,including linen and china.Small quiet building. Situated on beautiful Ormond by the Sea,few minutes from Daytona.Close to shops,restaurants and the beach is right across the street.Parking space is at the door.Water and cable included in rent .Thirty minutes from Orlando and historic St.Augustine.Short lease possible .Small pet okay. for 800 a month. 1510 Ocean Shore Blvd, Ormond by the Sea, Fl 32176 ) saw the pictures and it looks pretty good. that's only one; I've seen many and they are at good prices. It's not a mansion but it is in walking distance to the Beach. I don't need to be on the beach or across the street from the beach but at least only a couple of blocks away so at least we can walk to the beach in the summer. I just don't know the streets and so don't know how close to orlando that is. I want to be in walking distance to the beach since in the summer we go to the beach so much. I can afford to pay more but it just looks good for that amount of money. Miami it's way more money for a two bedroom with the beach across the street. I saw other apartments as well a little tiny bit more money but still with the beach across the street. Please someone help I need to know what's safe and what schools are good since my oldest is starting school next year. thanks
For easiest access to Orlando, your best choice would be Titusville. However with a desire for the best school scenario possible you should probably check out Cocoa Beach. Cocoa Beach is just slightly further than Titusville in terms of a commute. Freedom 7 Elementary in Cocoa Beach is one of the better schools in the state with pretty remarkable testing results as well as very good parental involvement. Cocoa Beach is also much nicer than Titusville, or for that matter most of the beach communities you mentioned. Ormond is a nice area but the daily drive to/from Orlando via I-4 would be disastrous. Not to mention the schools aren't as strong.

Freedom 7 Elementary School (http://www.brevard.k12.fl.us/ScoreCard/schools/freedom.asp - broken link)

Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 11,145 times
Thank you very much I really needed some kind of guidence since I don't know the area up there and have only really gone there on vacation and to the kissimmee area. so thanks that is very helpfull

Old 03-07-2012, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 6,321 times
Hi YailynTrenhs! So did you finally make the move? How has it been? I'm asking, because my family and I are moving out of Miami this summer, and relocating in Merritt Island...finally had it with the rat race and the RUDE drivers URGH!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County