Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:02 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,916,125 times

Advertisements

Cocoa Beach may ban booze on beach | floridatoday.com | FLORIDA TODAY

So it seems New Smyrna is not the only beach considering banning a long time tradition that caters to a more mature, adult crowd. For decades, Cocoa Beach has been known as a haven for spaced out NASA folk, Ron Jon surfers, and Dreams of Jeanie. During that same time, beach goers have been able to responsibly enjoy a beer, or mixed drink on the beach. Seems natural that at least some of the beaches in Florida would cater to adult only activities, but today the Cocoa Beach Mayor tried to ban booze. Thoughts, predictions, revolt schedule?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 11:37 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,169,161 times
Looks like the ban is on hold ...

Cocoa Beach stalls beach alcohol ban | floridatoday.com | FLORIDA TODAY

Old 08-06-2010, 11:46 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,032,638 times
Thank goodness for that. Looks like I will have to go there this weekend and have a couple beers to celebrate.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Great News. Right after I posted this thread, I saw on the news how the citizens of Cocoa Beach showed up to protest saying things like: "I enjoy havin' a beer on the beach," all the way down to,"If you take the one place people can come from Orlando to drink on the beach, they will go elsewhere." I think it's absolutely shameful that the Mayor would do this at a time when Cocoa Beach already stands to loose A LOT of business with the shuttering of NASA's manned spaceflight program. I don't imagine many people will be flocking to the Space Coast to watch heavy lift rockets take supplies to the Space Station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Thank goodness for that. Looks like I will have to go there this weekend and have a couple beers to celebrate.
I was actually going to go to Volusia to support beach driving and protest against the new "compromises" they have in store, but I think this takes the cake. I'll see you under the Pier with some booze in the blender.

And for any beach driving/beach drinking haters out there ask yourself this: With over 1200 miles of sand beaches and 1800 miles of coastline, why are you so hell-bent on attacking 3 of the only places in the state where adults can enjoy some petro or ethanol related fun??

Old 08-07-2010, 06:42 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,267,675 times
"For the children..."

Old 08-07-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
"For the children..."
What do you mean?

Old 08-08-2010, 01:39 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,267,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
What do you mean?
The article quoted the mayor saying he more or less wanted to make the beach family-friendly. My reply was a tongue-in-cheek response in reference to those uppity types of people who try and hide the real world (people who drink beer in public, in this case) in order to try and hide "controversial" things that may "corrupt" their children.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
The article quoted the mayor saying he more or less wanted to make the beach family-friendly. My reply was a tongue-in-cheek response in reference to those uppity types of people who try and hide the real world (people who drink beer in public, in this case) in order to try and hide "controversial" things that may "corrupt" their children.
Gotcha, couldn't agree more with your sentiments. The children will be fine with a little positive parenting.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:11 AM

258 posts, read 809,663 times
People will still drink on the beach, they'll just put it in plastic bottles instead.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:52 PM

346 posts, read 1,337,218 times
Social conservatives are great for the soul, but bad for business. My advice to them is to worry about the life you're living now and let whomever it is that's responsible for your soul to do their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County