U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:08 AM

5,004 posts, read 6,874,550 times

Advertisements

Couldn't find a forum for the Melbourne area, hoping some residents will see my post and be able to help.

Will be coming up to see Fiddler on the Roof at the King Center in a couple weeks and need to find a place to go out for a nice lunch. I don't want a chain restaurant and prefer something that has a variety of different types of dishes to appease everyone. Someplace that's a little nicer but not fancy (dress) or overpriced. We would probably do a later lunch, so not someplace that closes at 2pm.

Would like to stay within a few miles of where the King Center is, or along the beach, in the general area.

Can anyone give any recommendations of somewhere they know is good and that sounds like it could work? I am going to try to see if anyone would be interested in Italian, is there a place that's good to go for that - my critieria, must have GREAT eggplant parm and good tiramisu. OR, maybe a good steak place?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 06:59 AM

22,455 posts, read 33,311,137 times
I'm not a resident but have been to the area a number of times as a visitor (relatives live nearby). The choices outside of chain restaurants are limited. Also finding any independents that serve lunch through the afternoon is difficult as well. I know of two that would fit the bill for you. Check out either Pineda Crossing or Red Ginger. Both have excellent food, although not the most glamorous places to eat.

http://www.pinedacrossing.com/staff.html
Lucky Garden 2

Old 10-28-2010, 08:54 AM

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I will check both places. I was getting to think people in Melbourne don't go out to eat, or that it's so bad, no one can recommend any place. Hoping others can pipe in so we can give all parties a choice and see which comes out on top.

We'll be staying on AIA. It may be that we need to make two trips to cart others we've just invited that don't have transportation to and from whatever restaurant, so will try to find something that's a close drive, or maybe even walkable. Would like to avoid having some take a taxi.

Hope others will post between now and then.

Thanks again!

Old 10-31-2010, 07:00 AM

Is there no one else that goes out to eat in Melbourne???

Is there another thread with more people from Melbourne, wasn't able to find which Florida forum it was under if so.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:03 PM

3,718 posts, read 6,678,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I will check both places. I was getting to think people in Melbourne don't go out to eat, or that it's so bad, no one can recommend any place. Hoping others can pipe in so we can give all parties a choice and see which comes out on top.

We'll be staying on AIA. It may be that we need to make two trips to cart others we've just invited that don't have transportation to and from whatever restaurant, so will try to find something that's a close drive, or maybe even walkable. Would like to avoid having some take a taxi.

Hope others will post between now and then.

Thanks again!
This area is not an area where you can walk a lot of places. Close by or walking really limits your choices as does not chains. What hotel are you in on A1A?

On Eua Gallie Blvd there is a pretty good BBQ place that isn't a chain---MeeMaws. Casual and not expensive. Memaw's B-B-Q - Home

Some of the places like Petrillo's in Indiatlantic aren't open for lunch .

We go to Long Dogger's sometimes, but that is a very casual surfer friendly place, Food is good though. Long Doggers Home

We also eat lunch at Cantina Dos Amigos sometimes but again not Italian.
Also on A1A in Indiatlantic.
.:: Cantina Dos Amigos ::.

If you want something totally different check out Yellow Dog Cafe in Palm Bay. Quite a ways but worth the trip. Kind of expensive but cheaper at lunch. Very good food. Located on the Indian River. Outside fools people but inside is cool and classier. Looks like it would be a burger place but has a great chef/owner.
The Yellow Dog Cafe, A Unique Dining Experience with a Spectacular View of the Indian River

Can't think of anything else tight now but if I think of anywhere I will post.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Is there no one else that goes out to eat in Melbourne???

Is there another thread with more people from Melbourne, wasn't able to find which Florida forum it was under if so.
Despite it's size/population Brevard County gets screwed on this forum since there isn't a separate area to post. The much smaller Vero Beach-Sebastian-Vero Beach area gets one however. I once brought it up with a moderator who said it was because there were not enough Brevard County posts to warrant one, although if a web designer could manage to insert a Melbourne-Palm Bay-Titusville link, the numbers would tell a much different story.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:51 AM

3,636 posts, read 8,870,651 times
Dustin's Barbeque!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 01:23 PM

3,718 posts, read 6,678,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Dustin's Barbeque!!!
Good one and it is pretty close to BCC.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:44 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be compiling the list that's close by and sending it off to my daughter so she can pick from the options.

I am driving up there, so I have a car, it's just that it only seats 4, 5 squished. I thought it would be nice to invite at least one of the people she's traveling with and there's no way to do that without making two trips and given that we are going to be short on time, want to stay in the area.

We will also be there to take her out to lunch the next day before heading home so we'll be looking for two places, one nice one one day, the next day somewhere less nice, she'd be happy with Pollo Tropical one of the two days, she misses it. Is there one up there?? I can travel a little farther from the area if these' one around.

Thanks again!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:16 AM

Pollo Tropical has not made it to Brevard County yet. You might want to check out Roberto's Little Havana in Cocoa Beach which is somewhat near where you're staying. They serve excellent Cuban food and it's quite inexpensive. I would highly recommend their authentic Cuban sandwiches ($7-$9) on the real-deal bread. After lunch a shopping must-see down the street is Ron Jon's Surf Shop. Have fun!

Cuban Cuisine Restaurant & Fresh Seafood. Cocoa Beach, FL
Location Information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County