U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 AM

263 posts, read 801,383 times

Advertisements

Officially arrived on 10/24 in Palm Bay. So far no complaints. No giant bugs, no super high prices, no regrets. The 18 hour drive went very smoothly, but the last hour seemed to take forever. I could not get there soon enough. We have gotten most of the house in order, and are attending to little things like getting internet hooked up. We have visited the beach a few times and other touristy spots. It's surreal that we're so close to it now. We're hoping the shuttle will launch tomorrow, so hubby can see it on his day off. I think we'll head to Melbourne Beach to watch. We saw an air show at Cocoa Beach a few days ago.

Still not sure if I want to stay in Palm Bay or not when we start looking to buy houses, a few years from now probably. Crime has not bothered me, but the town is one giant suburb. On the other hand houses are cheaper here than other surrounding towns.

Most of our neighbors are not friendly, as I was warned on CD a few times. We have one that smiles and chats, but everyone else just stares when I wave to them and say hello. Very strange. We attended a Fall Fest put on by Chick Fil A and a church, and that was a lot of fun. There is a lot of free family stuff to do around here. I think we just need to stay involved, and we'll adjust fine. Maybe we'll make friends that way, since the neighbors aren't promising prospects.

I think I'll set up the wading pool today, so our daughter can enjoy it. I'm giddy that it will be 80 degrees in the beginning of November. Back home it's cold and gray
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 09:57 AM

70 posts, read 267,618 times
Congratulations on your move. Wife and I just got back from Palm Bay yesterday after closing on a house in N.W. Palm Bay. This will be our third time in Florida in the last 20 yrs. and hopefully the last. Seems that Florida and us have a love/hate relationship and maybe this third time will be the charm. The deciding factor was that our only child lives in Palm Bay and we want to be closer to her in our latter years. We will however miss beautiful New Mexico and am not looking forward to having to adjust to the humidity again.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:42 PM

149 posts, read 333,379 times
Congratulations! Right in the beginning it will be wonderful, (They call it the "Honeymoon" or the "New Broom that cleans well" you will be in

"vacation Mode" after one month

reality comes more in and you will know more as if you like it.

and after a year and

more then you will know for sure.

That is what I have heard that most people say when they move.

Others it is wonderful from the Beginning! It sounds like yours is like that

Congrats and keep us informed about the neighborhood.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:06 AM

3,063 posts, read 6,939,414 times
I have been told it does take 6 months at least to know if the place is right.
Muggums where I live too it is like that with neighbors. Not very friendly but then I did meet someone. So you never know. Hope you get more settled and the transition goes well

Old 11-04-2010, 12:42 PM

35,319 posts, read 44,575,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggums View Post
I'm giddy that it will be 80 degrees in the beginning of November. Back home it's cold and gray
Yep you are getting that Florida attitude.
Dont miss that shuttle as its the last time you'll get a chance to be amazed by the spectacle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or