U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2010, 06:08 PM

27 posts, read 60,283 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me something about Viera in Brevard County. Thinking about relocating to that area, but actually dont know it that well.
Any info on best Zips, local, etc

Thanks
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 07:28 AM

3,718 posts, read 6,676,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdun1 View Post
Can anyone tell me something about Viera in Brevard County. Thinking about relocating to that area, but actually dont know it that well.
Any info on best Zips, local, etc

Thanks
None of the zipcodes would be a bad area to live in.

My take on Viera...small town of condos,apartments and cookie cutter houses right next to each other on mostly small lots without any trees till you or contractor plant them. Has a shopping center,the court house, some socker fields,minor league baseball stadium,golf,.a few restaurants, and a movie theater. It only has a couple ways into and out of the town and many areas must get a lot of noise from I-95 since the existing areas seem to line the interstate. Developing farther west in area that used to be flood lands. Existing court house and school board buildings have pumps to keep them from flooding in wet season.Since major build up that way we haven't had a really wet season so don't know if developers learned lesson after the original commercial buildings were built on the cattle ranch range.
Almost everyone you meet in the town will be Northerners who have made the move to Florida. It is a new town so all buildings are less than 20 years old.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:00 AM

334 posts, read 1,029,537 times
I'm with Rabflmom. Viera was built in a former cow pasture, so it's essentially an open field where any landscaping was planted recently. You'll find entire neighborhoods with only one or two floor plans, every house pained and landscaped identically, built on tiny lots. It's feels sterile and bland to me. Some people really love it.

I live in Palm Bay, the other extreme. No HOA, large lots, older homes, lots of undeveloped forest around. I love having a big yard and not having to deal with an HOA, but other people think it looks "tacky" because all the homes are different, and people are free to do what they want with them.

There are plenty of neighborhoods in Melbourne that fall between the two extremes of artificial Viera and redneck Palm Bay.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 AM

22,452 posts, read 33,296,420 times
A happy medium for you might be taking a look at nearby Rockledge, in the western section which borders Viera. It lacks the issues mentioned above, particularly the zero lot line homes and cookie-cutter appearance, yet you're close to the amenities of Viera. The schools are the same (excellent) and shares a similar demographic. The zip code to check out is 32955.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:31 PM

263 posts, read 801,313 times
I hate Viera from what I've seen of it. It's every thing I would try to avoid when buying a new home. Too close to the interstate, and all homes look alike with small yards. Any of the other towns around it would be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County