Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:55 PM

3,973 posts, read 8,121,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
But it isn't just one night, we had them going off on Christmas Eve. So much for Silent Night Holy Night.

Also heard some last night.

Must be a redneck thang. Lived all over the country and people don't shoot off fireworks except for the 4th of July.

I could also never figure out how they're illegal but they sell them on the side of the road. Only in Florida.
As one of our younger employees said on NYD when an employee from England questioned the fireworks from the night before as we were eating breakfast" It's a Florida thing!" LOL BTW we all had to be at work at 6AM on NYD . I had closed on NYE and I still did not mind that my neighbors were out front of my house shooting fireworks with their kids at midnight. I wish my dad would have done stuff like that when I was a kid 50 years ago. ????

Technically any firework that leaves the ground is illegal in Florida, but fireworks can be used to clear area of birds so people just need to sign a paper saying they are using them for agricultural reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 09:19 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,539,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
As one of our younger employees said on NYD when an employee from England questioned the fireworks from the night before as we were eating breakfast" It's a Florida thing!" LOL BTW we all had to be at work at 6AM on NYD . I had closed on NYE and I still did not mind that my neighbors were out front of my house shooting fireworks with their kids at midnight. I wish my dad would have done stuff like that when I was a kid 50 years ago. ????

Technically any firework that leaves the ground is illegal in Florida, but fireworks can be used to clear area of birds so people just need to sign a paper saying they are using them for agricultural reasons.
I wouldn't mind if it was just one night, but it was Christmas Eve, Christmas Day night, and continued up until Sunday night.

Same thing with the 4th of July, it starts the week before. And continues for a few nights after.

If you asked most of these people why we celebrate the 4th of July, I doubt they would know.

BTW, a few brush fires were started due to fireworks.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 AM

334 posts, read 1,147,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
BTW, a few brush fires were started due to fireworks.
How is that the fireworks' fault? Blame rests solely with the careless fireworks user.

I don't blame the car when a wreck happens, I blame the driver. I don't blame the gun when someone is shot, I blame the shooter. Why would fireworks be any different? And yes, it is absolutely possible to use fireworks safely.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:21 AM

812 posts, read 1,667,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoty View Post
How is that the fireworks' fault? Blame rests solely with the careless fireworks user.

I don't blame the car when a wreck happens, I blame the driver. I don't blame the gun when someone is shot, I blame the shooter. Why would fireworks be any different? And yes, it is absolutely possible to use fireworks safely.

Absolutely Correct!!

Old 01-04-2011, 02:38 PM

4,975 posts, read 7,170,032 times
Quote:

In other words, lie.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM

334 posts, read 1,147,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
In other words, lie.
You can also say you're using them in the construction of a railroad! How do you know I'm not building one hell of a railroad every 4th?

Old 01-04-2011, 07:15 PM

812 posts, read 1,667,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
In other words, lie.
EXTREMELY VALID POINT!!!

That being said, If everyone in DC is doing it why can't we?

Old 01-04-2011, 09:23 PM

45 posts, read 133,828 times
Default The paper protects the seller, not you

Quote:

They did a report on the news NYE that the paper won't help out folks setting off fire works. You can still get in trouble. The paper is for the vendor of the fireworks. I buy them, I light them, and it's a risk I take...but I am safe in setting them off. A good rule of thumb is don't be a dork; meaning, be respectful of others when you do what it is that you do.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 PM

45 posts, read 133,828 times
Default What?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTAce View Post
Unless you know you have a neighbor who has PTSD; I don't. It's not like most anyone has to get up for work the next day, and it's certainly NOT as offensive as driving drunk.
Did you seriously just compare lighting a bottle rocket to getting behind of a vehicle drunk?!?!?

Old 01-06-2011, 08:04 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,040,155 times
Only 5 states out of 50 have made fireworks illegal. Those states are: Delaware, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island. Thereby, its not only FL where fireworks abound.

Delaware
Massachusetts
New Jersey New York
Rhode Island
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County