Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2011, 09:11 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,345,306 times

Advertisements

I need to ask what the people of the Melbourne think of their area against the city of Myrtle Beach SC. For 3 years I have been praying, planning, researching and waiting to leave MI once and for all.

Last summer I had the job offer I really wanted in Chattanooga. Well, no matter how low we priced our house, it would not sell. It killed me, so much that I stayed off City Data for 4 months, not caring about relocating. During that time I listened to my wife talk about missing the ocean, the beach, east coast. We lived in VA Beach for 4 years. VA Beach is so expensive now, we likely could never afford returning. But similiar cities, further south (another thing she has hinted at), could easily work.

I wonder, between Melbourne and Myrtle Beach, where it would be better for us. I realize getting a job takes priority, but I have connections in both cities. I'm an auto mechanic, wife is an RN, we'll have 2 children moving with us, Christian (so a good Christian school is important), fun-loving, outdoors is a must (with no darn snow), and the ocean.

If you could leave Melbourne for the more "carnival" atmosphere of Myrtle Beach, would you? Better restaurants, tons of fun things right in your back yard, maybe more conservative (not sure on this one, but something we'd prefer). Or does Melbourne, with no income tax, warmer winters, nearby to all the theme parks and more of a real city not overrun with tourists sound better?

I think we'd be happy in either city, we've been to both areas, I'd just like to hear what residents of Melbourne think. I've researched Wilmington NC, Charleston SC (could be an option), Savannah GA and Jacksonville FL (an outside chance there too) but the MBs seem to hold our interest more. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County